103 sat not found in setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harmony Home Technologies

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2006
I've installed about 15 ka/ku dishes with H20 receivers, and only one has show a signal level on the 103 when using the H20's signal strength meter. Yet, every one has the HD locals with out a problem, so I know it's getting the 103 fine. Do other markets see the 103 in the signal strength meter? ( I'm in Minneapolis/St. Paul.) Is there something I'm doing wrong in alignment ( I don't think so - the proof is in the pudding)

Minneapolis/St. Paul HD locals are on the 99 satellite via spot beam so there is no signals in your area coming from any of the 103 satellite spot beams. If you are getting all your sub'd channels then no sweat. Are you missing anything?

charper1 said:
Minneapolis/St. Paul HD locals are on the 99 satellite via spot beam so there is no signals in your area coming from any of the 103 satellite spot beams. If you are getting all your sub'd channels then no sweat. Are you missing anything?
The 99? Would you have a link you could refer me to to look this up? And no, I am not missing any programming. The 99 doesn't ever show up in the signal strength meter, either.

If I remember correct (there are a few other threads on this) but I think the way the Ka satellites (99 & 103) report is flawed somewhat. Peak your dish with 101 and as long as your are not missing programming you have nothing to worry about. I am waiting on the next generation of MPEG4 gear or during the mandatory upgrades and do not have a H20 so a user will more than likely step in to confirm or correct my comments here.

DirecTV USA - Spaceway2 99.2°w

DirecTV USA - Spaceway1 102.8°w

theres no cleveland locals, and those are up on HD, on those two pages charper, which sat are the HD locals for cleveland coming off of?

Sometimes they are not 100% updated. Once you track them, send Lyngsat an email with the correct updated info to get them added to the charts. Hell, its been months and SatcoDX still doesn't list the satellites at all. Maybe they are not updating that site anymore.

Last edited:
Just remember that the Spaceways satellites are spot beam only sats. If there's not a spot aimed at you, the receiver will not see the sat at all. I'm sure this will be remedied next year when the two new birds with national beams go up.

charper1 said:
Sometimes they are not 100% updated. Once you track them, send Lyngsat an email with the correct updated info to get them added to the charts. Hell, its been months and SatcoDX still doesn't list the satellites at all. Maybe they are not updating that site anymore.

gotcha, if I get a chance I will track them tommorow and send them an email, thanks charper.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

6.3 is out

HR20's recalled/delayed shipment? (NO recall!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)