Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
DirecTV now has 1080p PPV broadcasting on channel 125, instead of just over the On Demand option.

This is a first, glad to see they are still developing 1080p past just the download option! $5.99 movie price still.

Pffffft. Expensive, 24-hour-option, etc etc etc. Not to mention a good many HDTV's can't do 1080p24.

Give me ESPNU-HD, please, instead of this useless @#$%@#^#$^$#^ :)

DirecTV now has 1080p PPV broadcasting on channel 125, instead of just over the On Demand option.

This is a first, glad to see they are still developing 1080p past just the download option! $5.99 movie price still.
I thought this had been available for a while now. Not just on demand, but over a select few PPV channels. I may be mistaken

HUGE waste of bandwidth. Give us the 5 dozen national HD channels we still don't got, then work on 1080p linear.

Last edited:
I doubt we'll see more than one channel guys, it's probably not that significant of a bandwith need past typical PPV. I would even bet it gets turned off on Sunday for NFL bandwith.

I think it's a good thing. Still have HD users without DVRs, and they are developing the technology - someday we can hope everything we watch will be 1080p.

Anyone know what the bandwidth hit is for 1080p vs. 1080i?

Thought about buying and recording both this weekend, then watching them to see if you can tell the difference. Also, if I can slurp it over MRV (CE rocks), I can measure bandwidth.

Thoughts?

EKG

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts