1080P TEST AND FIRMWARE VERSION L613

VOD is downloaded to your reciever when it is off, the longer the reciever is left off the more movies you will get, if you are missing VOD turn your reciever off , i cant say how you lost it, if you had it before the software download, but it will need to be downloadied again, as far as incompatibility issues, engineering will continue to work on it,

If what you say is true, then there are serious flaws in the approach that Dish is using to deliver the 1080p VOD.

Consider this: In many households (like mine) family members work different hours and shifts. It is not unusual for my receivers to run 20 hours a day for viewing. What you are suggesting then is that I have to inconvience my family to turn the receivers on standby (for 8 hours as recommended elsewhere), and NOT use the services that I have already paid for. To add insult to injury, then, do that how many days (?) to wait for a movie that may never show up, AND pay an additional $6.99 for it if I want to watch it!
In short: Sounds like a real lose-lose proposition to me., I have not been able to use the service I already pay for, to try and get a service I have to pay extra for, and at a price thats twice as much as I can rent BluRay at BB or netflix.
Hmmm...also makes me wonder how Dish program providers would feel about no Dish customers watching their advertising because all the receivers are off from midnight to 8am everyday trying to get that next great 1080p experience to download.
I don't think the VOD 1080p idea will ever really be viable for dish until they can make it reliable, convienent, and affordable.

Are there things dish could do to help with some of this? sure!
1)As P Smith has indicated elsewhere - Receiver should not have to be in stndby, it should just need an available tuner with no timers to get the download, the other tuner can still be used as necessary. I can live with configuring to provide a free tuner, but NOT with completely denying use of the receiver for extended, repeated periods!
2)Tag the 1080p movie download as "priority" so it downloads before the other dozen or so worthless VOD duplicates that are probably already on PPV.
3)Keep the cost down - since Charlie likes to do so much negotiation.

And we haven't even started to consider the compatibility issues yet....but compatability doesn't really matter untill you can reliably deliver the product.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts