11/18/2009 3:51pm - Uplink Activity Report - 47 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am paying enough for TV and I am not going to pay more. If anything, I am looking to pay less, or at least keep it the same. I think I am paying too much now because of all of the "nickel and diming".

Unless Epix offers something more than movies 9 to 36 months after they are released, what good is it really? There are already plenty of movie channels which do that--what particular benefit accrues from one more?

Fitzie

The only thing going for it is they took a stranglehold on movies from their affiliates. Other than that it will not be worth it if they charge a premium price for a premium set with only one channel, and no special series to pad it.

It should be included in the top 250 with NO price increase at all. Otherwise I don't see many people subbing to it. Premium prices are too high and going up every year or two. Who would think that anyone would be paying $15.99 a month for HBO ? I can remember when all premiums were $9.99 a month. If it weren't for original tv series like True Blood, I would never sub to HBO at all. So charge $9.99 or more , a month for one channel for EPIX and see if they get many takers.

Unless Epix offers something more than movies 9 to 36 months after they are released, what good is it really? There are already plenty of movie channels which do that--what particular benefit accrues from one more?

Fitzie
The catch with Epix is that they are supposed to offer free online streaming of the same movies from their site and free access to on-demand content from their library with subscriptions to their premium service.. what makes me curious is exactly how dish will offer the on-demand side of Epix. Perhaps that is the hold up.....

The catch with Epix is that they are supposed to offer free online streaming of the same movies from their site and free access to on-demand content from their library with subscriptions to their premium service.. what makes me curious is exactly how dish will offer the on-demand side of Epix. Perhaps that is the hold up.....

My Dish Network VIP 722 HD DVR has Dish Interactive,
and it has Showtime Interactive and STARZ ON DEMAND
STARZ ON DEMAND has The International and Rachel Getting Married.

Ive had my 722k hooked up to the ethernet but how do u find starz ondemand? Is it just in the crazy long text list of content on DISHonline?

Go on your guide to Dish channel 100 and hit select button on your
remote or press the silver dish button below play on your remote.

You will go to a screen with 6 video screens scroll over to entertainment
on the bottom of your screen and select STARZ On Demand.

You can only watch the STARZ Movies On Demand if you subscribe to STARZ.

Sort off.

There have been times in the past a channel was uplinked but was never made available to customers and later (sometimes month later) was removed form the uplink.

So we are close... how close is the question.

I remember that Dish uplinked INHD later called MOJO HD
but never made it available.
The channel later went off the air for good.

I personally thought when they got the new bird in the air there was going to be more additions, but they sure are taking there time. probley saving everything for febuary when they raise the rates.

Not so suprised by Dish handles there channel lineups. it is almost Febuary...and no new HD since November or before. so this quote looks right on.