110/119/61.5 install still acceptable?

andrew110

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Michigan
A friend of mine just upgraded to HD and the tech removed his super and gave him two 500's, one for 110 and 119 and the other for 61.5.

Will he be getting all of the HD channels with this setup?

I thought Dish was doing away with multi dish setups.

No, it is not acceptable. He will be missing quite a few HD channels including losing some in the future if Dish continues with their plan to move some HD channels from 61.5 to 72.7.

The last 2 or 3 waves of HD added were on 72.7 and 129.

That's what I thought. I told him he either needs an eastern arc with a 500 pointing at 110 for his latino package or a 110/119/129 with a 500 pointing at 61.5 for his locals.

Either way he'll need two dishes. Would it be smarter to get an EA dish? I'm sure the latino channels will be added to EA eventually.

Would Dish come out for free if he called about it?

Last edited:
That's what I thought. I told him he either needs an eastern arc with a 500 pointing at 110 for his latino package or a 110/119/129 with a 500 pointing at 61.5 for his locals.

Either way he'll need two dishes. Would it be smarter to get an EA dish? I'm sure the latino channels will be added to EA eventually.

Would Dish come out for free if he called about it?
Yes, because he installed the wrong dish. His locals could be on 129 also. Tell me what his locals are and I will let you know.

Well I just looked to see what HD locals were on 61.5 for Flint MI. Turns out some of the locals are only on 110 in SD (PBS, CW). So having just the eastern arc dish won't give all the locals. Dish REALLY needs to fix their channel location problems.

I guess getting the eastern arc dish with a 500 pointing at 110 for the latino and the other missing locals would be the best bet.

129 Doesn't have Flint locals in HD.

A friend of mine just upgraded to HD and the tech removed his super and gave him two 500's, one for 110 and 119 and the other for 61.5.

Will he be getting all of the HD channels with this setup?

I thought Dish was doing away with multi dish setups.
My experience was that the 110/119/61.5 meant receiving 12 or 13 channels only in SD that were available otherwise in HD, and about 8 or 9 Platinum channels were missing.

:
Well I just looked to see what HD locals were on 61.5 for Flint MI. Turns out some of the locals are only on 110 in SD (PBS, CW). So having just the eastern arc dish won't give all the locals. Dish REALLY needs to fix their channel location problems.

I guess getting the eastern arc dish with a 500 pointing at 110 for the latino and the other missing locals would be the best bet.

129 Doesn't have Flint locals in HD.
:up

A 1000.2 with a 61.5 wing should have been installed.
I have seen work orders that still indicate 2x500 dishes for a 110/119/61.5 setup but the tech should know better.
I'm curious if it was an in-house tech or a contractor who did it.
Please PM me that information if you have it.

Or the 1000.4 w/ a 110 would b fine.

Last edited:
Lots of Tech's in Maine or still doing this for some reason.

In Maine, we all need 1000.4 Dish's plus a 110 Wing.

Wish Dish would light up that unused Spotbeam for Maine on 61.5, but they would need to use their unused uplink I hear.

Wish they had a 1 Dish solution for Maine folks, but I guess I would rather them put my HD locals on 119 instead.

A 1000.2 with a 61.5 wing should have been installed.
I have seen work orders that still indicate 2x500 dishes for a 110/119/61.5 setup but the tech should know better.
I'm curious if it was an in-house tech or a contractor who did it.
Please PM me that information if you have it.

Or the 1000.4 w/ a 110 would b fine.
Dish states that 1000.2 with a wing dish for 61.5 is no longer advised. Reason being the 129 and 61.5 with mirrored programming tend to conflct with each other.
Dish is still setting up work orders for Latino packages with 110, 119 and 61.5. I just had one yesterday. I think the reason the do that here is HD locals are on 61.5. I usually just do a 1000.2 and call it a day. Custy had no HD programming or HD TV's. Figured with the .2 dish they are set up to get all the national HD channels if they do decide to upgrade some day.

Wow, I must have been out of the loop with this... Reading this - I guess I need to contact Dish to have my setup changed? I have an existing setup with one dish (500 plus) pointing at 110/118/119 and another (500) at 61.5. I need 61.5 for my locals and I have the AT250 and HD Platinum. But reading this thread makes me feel like I'm missing some HD channels that I am paying for? I really thought Dish would contact me if something happened where I would need a new dish setup like they did when the international channels I had moved from 61.5 to 118.

I guess regardless, the setup needs to be changed if 72.7 is where they are putting up new HD... I really should have paid more attention!

Because Echostar 3 is dying. Once E* 15 is there it be done some other way but only time will tell. Right now they moved most of the HD to 72.7.
In the very near future, all core HD is moving off of 61.5 to 72.7. So anyone with 110, 119 and a wing dish for 61.5 will lose all their HD. Dish is trying to get customers one one arc or the other, (IE Western Arc or Eastern Arc), they don't want people on the two arc set up aymore.

Even when the HD is switched over to 72, it will probably be duplicated on 61.5 for some time, it will take several months to get all existing HD customers migrated to 129 or 1K.4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts