110/119 & move 61.5 to 72.7 or 129?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hiperco

Original poster
Oct 10, 2009
Upstate NY
Currently on 110/119 (Dish 500) and 61.5 wing dish. I'm missing HD channels so I understand I need to do something else. I don't need locals or internationals. I have a 211K and an elderly 301. From reading, it seems my best options are to point the 61.5 to 72.7 or 129. I need to move the dish if I point to 129. What are the pros/cons of 72.7 vs 129 for my setup? (I know similar questions have been asked, but I haven't found a thread that says what the programming differences would be based on 72.7 or 129).

It all depends on where your HD/SD locals are. You are mixed arc right now and need to go to east or west arc, once again, depending on where your locals are. A DIRT member can help you out here.

If you dont care about locals then I would go with 129 (if line of site allows it)

All the national HD is on 129 whereas on Eastern Arc its split right now between 61.5 & 72

You don't say where in Upstate you are and what is your DMA. Having your locals in HD can be a good backup for recording if you upgrade to a duo dvr. I'm in the Rochester area and was missing some HD channels till I was switched to the EARC.