110 issues after moving Dish out of trees

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DishInstallAdam

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
I have moved the Dish off to the corner of my roof due to trees over growing my previous location. I am able to get 119 and 129 at 60 on signal strength, when I go to 110 it shows 50+ but it says not locked and wrong Sat 129. IS the Sat. location 110, 119, 129 respective when looking into the sky at(in my case) 209 Azimuth

Try disconnecting the satellite in cable(s) from the receiver run the a check switch test. When it comes back with the 836 message save it. Reset the receiver the connect the satellite in cable(s) back up and run the a check switch test again.

Chances are pretty good that you've:

1. adjusted something you shouldn't have (elevation or skew)
2. pointed at the wrong bird
3. not set up your mast correctly

Obviously, it isn't reasonable to get 110W and 129W without also getting 119W.

Thinking that 110 would be more South than 119 and 129 I moved it and still issues. I found this pic, is this a good reference? See attachment

Attachments

• signalsfor10002.jpg
    signalsfor10002.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 171
you need to run a checkswitch to find out if you aimed it right or not. go to menu 6-1-1 point dish. note what it says there (what is listed will be the previous and correct configuration) then test it.
as far as physically looking at the sky:
110 is left 119 is middle 129 is right. 129 is low, 110 is high, thus the skew setting. point dish screen will give you some (but not completely accurate) azimuth and skew settings.
the great thing about point dish is that you can turn the volume way up, go out to the dish and HEAR if you adjusting the dish properly or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)