110 problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frostwolf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
110 problems being looked at, please post info

I came home both my 508's cannot lock on 110 sat. Check switch on both fail for 110.
My 4900 is working fine with 110. I switched the 4900 and the 508 in the living room, performed a check switch. The 4900 is working fine where the 508 won't, and the 508 still fails the check switch where the 4900 was.

I have legacy QuadLNB with three satelite boxes active. I have a 2800 I can use for testing also but it seems the LNB is working fine.

Why would both 508's have the exact same problem at the exact same time?

I can't seem to find the list of channels that have the list of what sats each use.

Also While looking around for that list I found this.

http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/receiver/501.shtml

Click the interactive menu for the 508, the Dish on Demand is showing up there.

Thanks for any help in advance,
James

Last edited:
I was just going to post the same thing. My 622 has no problems with 110.
501, 508, and 510 check switch fails on 110.

Both 508's have been P308 for awhile now.

One was off all day, the other has been off for some time, maybe not 30 minutes.

Something has to be going on. My 501 and 510 both pass the check switch, but on the Sys Info screen 110 is X'd out. I'm still getting the 110 channels. Just can't lock onto the Sat. On my 508, check switch returns "Even" under the 110 sat, instead of "All".
No 110 channels on my 510. 622 seems unaffected.

Frostwolf said:
I came home both my 508's cannot lock on 110 sat. Check switch on both fail for 110.

Well, looks like I'm not the only one having this problem. After two hours of diagnosis I have come to the conclusion it must be the new firmware Dish has released. After performing a check switch my 510 receiver loses 110 and I have to do the check switch a number of times to get it to locate 110 on my Dishpro LNB. I found this out one day last week while checking my settings and signal on the local channels. I thought while I was in the install screen I would run the check switch. After it ran the first time I've had problems ever since. I moved my 301 up to see if it would lock and it did with no problems. Not sure what is next? Dish help us please. lol

Last edited:
Huh, Mine only failed today, I came home and turned on the 508 in the bedroom and it said signal lost, re-aquireing or something like that, never came back, unplugged it, took like 15 minutes to run throught the 1st screen. 1-5 thing.

Both my 510's have trouble locking on 110. Could be p308. I have replaced all my connections. Called Dish sunday and talked to a tech supervisor who denied knowing of any complaints in regards to this. I did a gazillion switch checks on both 510's and finally read 110 /all on both. Still will not lock but have all my channels. obtw my 301 is fine. I moved the 301 around and the problem follows the 510's. If that's not issues with p308 please let me know what it could be. Also it is not the switch. Changed ports and it follows 110.

I have three 508's and two of them have similar problems. After a soft reset and check switch they are working but there is some kind of software problem.

Been there, done that! My 508 started having the problem over a week ago. I have all my channels now so will not run a "check switch" again until I hear that this problem has been repaired.

Last time I had to run the check numerous times in order to get thru it. I too am sure it is a software problem.

rickc said:
Been there, done that! My 508 started having the problem over a week ago. I have all my channels now so will not run a "check switch" again until I hear that this problem has been repaired.

Last time I had to run the check numerous times in order to get thru it. I too am sure it is a software problem.
Once you are receiving all your channels that is good advice not to run another check switch.

Keep doing a switch check. Eventually it will start changing to odd or even and at some point hopefully an "All". If and when you get an "All" back out and DO NOT DO ANOTHER CHECK SWITCH. You will have all your channels. If you check your signals on 110 you will see signal but will not lock. Good Luck. ps I am sick of DishNetWork and thier Software updates.

Last edited:
do a checkswitch without sat in, wait for it to complete then plug the cable back in and redo checkswitch. It worked for me on sunday. 508/P308

ianp said:
do a checkswitch without sat in, wait for it to complete then plug the cable back in and redo checkswitch. It worked for me on sunday. 508/P308
Tried that once and didn't work for me. If I have further issues I may try it again. Thanks.

I've been having problems picking up transponders on the 110.

Currently I don't get a signal on tp 20 and tp's 3 and 10 are very intermittent so my guide info is not updating.

This is on a 501 that has never had any problems until the new software.

Dune

Ok guys, what ianp said is a great work around. Good job ianp! Very reluctantly I did what he said fixed his receivers. Disconnect your receivers from your dish. Conduct another switch test your receiver will search 1 through 50. After your receivers are finnished searching reconnect your receivers and do another check switch. I did this 3 times in a row and wound up with 110 connected with ALL every time. This is a work around. Go back to watching tv like you would normally do. AGAIN DO NOT DO ANOTHER SWITCH TEST! If you do you will be back to square one. Maybe Dish will fix this issue in the future. Maybe. Again ianp thanks for the help. Last weekend I started to do this but became impatient and stopped and did not go all the way to 50. It will take awhile.

Last edited:
I am now getting frequent picture freezes on my locals. I get my locals off of spot beam transponder 07 on 119. Maybe on other channels I don't know yet. Obtw signal strength is 125. Thats not the problem.

Last edited:
Frank Jr. said:
Ok guys, what ianp said is a great work around. Good job ianp! Very reluctantly I did what he said fixed his receivers. Disconnect your receivers from your dish. Conduct another switch test your receiver will search 1 through 50. After your receivers are finnished searching reconnect your receivers and do another check switch. I did this 3 times in a row and wound up with 110 connected with ALL every time. This is a work around. Go back to watching tv like you would normally do. AGAIN DO NOT DO ANOTHER SWITCH TEST! If you do you will be back to square one. Maybe Dish will fix this issue in the future. Maybe. Again ianp thanks for the help. Last weekend I started to do this but became impatient and stopped and did not go all the way to 50. It will take awhile.

Well I'm glad it worked for you Frank Jr but I tried this Sunday with no luck. The only way to get 110 back was to check switch a number of times until "All" was displayed. I backed out and left it as is. My 510 still takes forever to lock on 110 if at all. I hope Dish can fix this problem. Thanks to all who have offered their help and shared their stories regarding this issue. I'm glad I'm not the only one having this problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)