110 Spotbeam Chart

I have two D500s. I know zero about LNBs... above my head.

Right now there are no noteworthy (at least) channels I get from 118. Seems mostly foreign stuff.

Yep, 118.7 is only for Internationals and some markets have their HD Locals on that satellite. You will definitely need a new dish and if your HD locals go there, Dish Network will install it for free.

If you needed to see 118, you would get a 500+ or 1000+. The 500+ would also see 110 and 119. The 1000+ would see 129. If you point one of your dishes to 61.5, If you get a 500+ you will also have 110,118, and 119. You should see everything you could possibly want with 2 dishes.

One thing I find interesting is when I take my Dish 500 to Indianapolis I can get big 4 Nashville Locals there in SD but not the others.

All the channels are on Spotbeam 10 but the big 4 are on transponder 23 along with Cincinnati locals and the others are on transponder 27 along with Chattanooga locals. I guess they are holding back on the power for transponder 27.

I wonder what the coverage area is of transponder 27. It is obviously less than transponder 23.

Neither work in FL when I visit there. But that is to be expected as it's twice as far away as Indianapolis is from Nashville.

Anyone have any insight?

Voyagerbob

Looking at the

All related but not. You are probably right :)

spotbeam areas from 61.5 you may or may not get anything. The solid line of the circle does not extend up that far in looking at the rather poor copy of the map I could find. I am considerably closer to NYC than you are and am a little worried myself as to reception.
Gerry
ps: glad you took my last post as a jest for fun:D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)