110w sat down?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Musher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
trying to watch ESPN HD and 110w went off about 1:30pm Central time and did the signal quaility and it could not lock on to it and now at 1:43pm still the same.

Musher

Edit: Now its back up at 1:45pm I even lost HDNet and the other HD channels at 110w, weird?

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_transit[/ame]

It is spring... The Sun drowns out the satellites briefly in the afternoon.

Yes I know about the solar thing but the channels on 61.5,119,129 came in at the same time when I could not get any channels from 110 or maybe my receiver had hardware fart (just like a brain fart):) who knows.
Musher

You will get signal loss at different times of the day for each satellite as the sun tracks accross the sky. The farther west you go in the arc, the later in the day for the signal loss.

It when the sun appears to be directly behind the satellite you are looking at from your location that it gets drowned out. Since the satellites are scattered across the sky the sun drowns them out one by one as it moves across the arc.

It when the sun appears to be directly behind the satellite you are looking at from your location that it gets drowned out. Since the satellites are scattered across the sky the sun drowns them out one by one as it moves across the arc.

Yep, if you were watching the other satellites when it happens, you would lose them too.

There should be a site out there that gives you the times for your zip code.

I know the satellite receivers at work give us a warning and show the time to expect sun fade.

That's a good idea. It would be nice to know if it's expected sun fade, or a possible receiver issue.

It happen again today at the same time so it is Solar Outage cause it was the same time for 1:30pm to 1:45pm but the main thing is I missed the first 5 minutes of the Marquette Basketball Game. They did Nova' to move on in the Big East tournament at MSG in NYC.

Musher

Everyone who receives a satellite signal from anything has this problem... It's just different times for different places and it depends on what satellite you are aimed at.

While you may lose, say 61.5... Your 110/119 combo would still be fine... When your 110 is out, your 61.5 and probably your 119 would work, etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts