111 - Dish Says Card belongs in another receiver

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
111 - Dish Says Card belongs in another receiver & balance owed.

I have contacted Dish Network two times about this. I have a 111 receiver and they say that the receiver number is clear and can be activated but the card cannot be because it is on another account with a balance owed on it of around $40. I keep telling the guy that it has a built in card therefore the card number should not be active on another receiver but each time I talk to them they will not do anything for me unless I pay the balance. I tell them that I am not paying someone else's bill and paying for someone else's mistakes.

This is another example of how Dish Network's customer service is way downhill. They won't do anything for you even if it is their fault. Now this guy is telling me it is a leased receiver so it could not be activated anyways, which is NOT what the last guy told me, that it was only one that was an issue (in which it does not have one, its built in) but the receiver was clear. I have only known the 111 receivers to be used on the Free For All promotion and another receiver that was on the same account that I got was clear and no issues like this one.

Maybe someone gave a card number by mistake from this receiver or maybe Dish accidentally made two cards with the same number. Something is screwy. He is now telling me DNCC 18 month Lease Program was what it was used for and the smart card number was recycled for use on another receiver as a result of bill not being paid. I never heard of this before. I think the guy was just trying to get away from me so that he would not have to deal with the issue.

There is no card in the receiver. I do have a few yellow cards. I wonder if they would activate those in the receiver for me or if I waited for a card then maybe they can activate it.

I got the receiver in a lot of two, the other one is clear and it was on the same account, came from the same woman. Dish just doesn't care and customer service sucks. This is one reason why they are not doing so well with customer growth, they can't keep the one's they got.

I don't think they will let you put one of your cards in the 111.

Clearly, Dish much prefers that customers purchase or lease equipment only from dealers or Dish themselves.

Regards, Eric

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts