111 Receiver availability

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

zeewiz

Original poster
May 5, 2004
I've been looking to purchase one to replace my broken 311, I like the fact that it is small and doesn't take up much space, but so far I have not been able to locate one locally or online. Any ideas where I could purchase one? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

yeah - it really caters to the space starved and mobile folks. I would stick with another 311, or go DVR on it (promos abound for upgraders). Or, you could go HD with the 811, but a word to the wise - HD is a disease :)

Most dealers aren't stocking it or pushing it, the 111 is $10 cheaper than the 311. It dosen't have a universal remote, has no A/V outputs just a CH 3/4 output. For the lack of features it should be a $50 receiver.

Dish offers no promos with the 111, so many many retailers will just give you that "deer in the headlights" look when you ask about it. Call Dish directly, get past the stupid CSR's on the first level and ask if you can purchase one outright.. they are out there somewhere.

Boba, I agree.. it should be cheaper, probably will be in the future when they decide to push them out of their warehouses. It's too new for cheap sale price yet. Give it another year.

I never have ordered any. I would rather pay the extra $10 to provide the customer with a much better receiver unless someone specifically needs a smaller receiver.

I did an intsallation today with a 111 and 311. Yes, the 111 only has channel 3/4 out put with the plastic cover, it looks cheap. While I was at the living room call in for activation, and customer wife at bedroom, play with the 111, she didn't know how she did, the 111 playing music.

BTW, there no smart card on both receivers for you to put in, the reps, say it was build in to the receiver. Maybe its time the Dish did something to chase the hack away.