118.7 West dish

TankJr

Original poster
Jul 27, 2012
New York
Hello all,

Im ready to make a switch from cable but need international programming and i'm reading here that I need big head for international programming. Few questions:

1) Am i looking for Dish500+ to get 118.7? im guessing a 311 receiver should suffice?
2) If i own all the equipment is it possible to become no contract customer?

Thanks in advance!

Hello all,

Im ready to make a switch from cable but need international programming and i'm reading here that I need big head for international programming. Few questions:

1) Am i looking for Dish500+ to get 118.7? im guessing a 311 receiver should suffice?

Thanks in advance!

You need a dish 500+ or a 1000+ to receive international programming. A 311 would be the minimum receiver to use. If you own all your equipment and don't want any promotions you can go with no contract.

1) Am i looking for Dish500+ to get 118.7?
yes
im guessing a 311 receiver should suffice?
yes

correct. They set you up as a "prepaid" account. Prepaid as in you pay for a months service then get that service. SO as example if you signed Up August 1st you would pay for Aug 1 to Aug 31st. On about August 10th you'll get a bill for Sept 1-Sept 30th which will be due on August 31st.

If all he wants is Internationals Western Arc is what he can use

118.7 for Int'l
119 because you have to use 119 at minimum for Int'l (no software updates or EPG on 118.7)

But he is in New York
sure he does :rolleyes:
and I live in the last house on the left :)

Seriously anyone who posts "New York" as their location I get leery because we can sit here and help them and they can be in Canada, Mexico, some island in the Caribbean etc. Unless they let us know where they are all we can do is speculate

But if you want just Internationals it would be dumb to use a EA & WA dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)