• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
PA
Can someone explain to me how I can receive 118.7? I want Pittsburgh HD locals. What dish will receive this sat? And why do they have 119 and 118.7 - seems strange to me.

there isnt anything free on 118.7 I dont beleive.

if I rembember right 118.7 is a circular signal at classically linear freq's (ie lower then usual circular birds transmit on)

You are in the wrong Forum - if you want to receive Subscription Dish Network channels, post to the Dish Network Forum (also here at Satellite Guys). They will tell you exactly which dish you need. (Actually, Dish will provide you with the dish if you subscribe to those locals with a 12 month commitment).

You are in the wrong Forum - if you want to receive Subscription Dish Network channels, post to the Dish Network Forum (also here at Satellite Guys). They will tell you exactly which dish you need. (Actually, Dish will provide you with the dish if you subscribe to those locals with a 12 month commitment).
As of Feb 1, 2007 the 12 month commitment has been discontinued. All commitments are now 18 months...

there isnt anything free on 118.7 I dont beleive.

if I rembember right 118.7 is a circular signal at classically linear freq's (ie lower then usual circular birds transmit on)
here's a list of all channels bounced off the 118.75 bird...http://www.dishchannelchart.com/
The 118,7 is an FSS or Fixed satellite service bird...linear polarity. medium power..A special lnb is needed to receive signals from this bird.. The Dish 500plus or dish 1000 plus are required..

Really?..I thought all the FSS sats were linear..Oh well.

Yep. Not all FSS sats are linear. Do some digging and you'll also find some C Band stuff out there in circular too. There are also a few threads around here were members modded a linear LNB to a circular one.

Yep. Not all FSS sats are linear. Do some digging and you'll also find some C Band stuff out there in circular too. There are also a few threads around here were members modded a linear LNB to a circular one.
Fascinating. I don't thnk it's really that earth shattering...The idea is to use the proper EQ....I will leave that modifying thing to the propeller heads. Those guys are freaking genuises...

No genius here (thanks for the compliment though), just willing to try stuff and see what happens.

No genius here (thanks for the compliment though), just willing to try stuff and see what happens.
That's fine to do that stuff if you have the time..I wouldn't try it while up against the clock with three more jobs to go that day...I would save the adventurous stuff for my spare time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)