118 disappeared from Point/Dish Signal

Gigi022009

Original poster
May 3, 2010
Toronto
My dish is installed on my apartment balcony, and it was directed to 118.7

We had balcony concrete repair renovation for the whole building, and I lost my satellite signal. I came one day and found rocks around the dish and found out that I lost the 118 signal. I know the direction of the satellite really well, so I tried to move it a little bit to try to get the signal, but all my efforts were not successful. Then, I ran a check switch yesterday to see if I can get any info, what happened is that the 118 satellite disappeared from my Point/Dish Signal. I can see 61.5, 105,110, 119, 121, 148 listed. In addition, I got "No Switch Box Detected" and X,X,X,X. Now, when I turn on my receiver which is DP311, I got 015 error, and for Satellite, it shows Default.

I'm sorry for taking so long to describe my problem, but I really need your help. Do you think my lnb is bad in this case, or what do you suggest? By the way, I tried another Rg6 that I have but no change.

Something was damaged during the renovation you should give Dish a call since it is possible that they damaged the equipment.

Also, if you rent you can try to recoup your service call costs from the landlord.

some satellites do not show in the options until you lock 119. Once you lock 119 it will say "searching for all available satellites" and all the dish sats will pop in including 118, 72 & 77. Just did that today when hooking up a new receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts