119/110/61.5.

cdunis

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
Upsate NY
So I am an Eastern Arc resident with the 119/110/61.5.... What does this mean for me and the new HD. I have AT 200 w/ Plat HD. I understand that I did not receive the new channels like E! et al, what will be happening when new HD is added this month? Also will I ever get the HD that was recently added? Thanks for your help.

You will need an EA dish to pick up 72.7 along with 77 and 61.5. You would then no longer need 110 and 119. Other option would be to add 129, but being in NY, that could be a tough one.

All the new HD channels are currently testing at 72.7º or 129º. If you are in an Eastern Arc city, and you have the Dish Protection Plan, call Dish for an upgrade to a Dish 1000.4 (Eastern Arc) dish and possibly receivers (if needed).

Personally I just re-aimed my 61.5º dish to 129º. It took me a while since my Dish Mast wasn't plumb, but most report it takes only 15 minutes and patience. :)

So I am an Eastern Arc resident with the 119/110/61.5.... What does this mean for me and the new HD. I have AT 200 w/ Plat HD. I understand that I did not receive the new channels like E! et al, what will be happening when new HD is added this month? Also will I ever get the HD that was recently added? Thanks for your help.

I notice your loc says "upstate NY".....They just uplinked the rest of the Buffalo locals (in MPEG4 SD) to 61.5 so when you switch to EA you will get all your locals

Depends where in upstate NY you are. Only 4 of the Albany locals are in HD on 61.5, and Albany is still considered a western arc market with the SD locals on 110 only, so...

But we hear that will change sometime this summer, maybe.:)

Jeez Ice... what is it with the resistance to this simple concept :)

These channels you are talking about were uplinked (but are still not available to subs) to Eastern Arc (61.5º tp 7) today...

7109(45) - WCWN [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 07 Spotbeam 3 (NA)(Schenectady, NY-CW)
7111(17) - WMHT [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 07 Spotbeam 3 (NA)(Schenectady, NY-PBS)
7113(50) - WYPX [MPEG4 SD] added to Nimiq5 72.7W TP 31 ConUS beam (NA)(Amsterdam, NY-N/A)
7112(51) - WNYA [MPEG4 SD] added to Echostar12 61.5W TP 07 Spotbeam 3 (NA)(Pittsfield, MA-MY)

Just got an eastern arc upgrade but cant get 77 because of trees lots of them would involve dealing with 3 land owners to resolve this. Talked the tech into doing a Multi Arc install with 110 119 61.5 and 72.7.

Just got an eastern arc upgrade but cant get 77 because of trees lots of them would involve dealing with 3 land owners to resolve this. Talked the tech into doing a Multi Arc install with 110 119 61.5 and 72.7.

Nothing for us up here on 77 anymore, all nationals moved to 72, the way I understand it anyway. (I have 77)

And Dish thinks/states this may cause hw problems down the road.

They just added the remaining SD locals for Syracuse on 61.5 today in MPEG4
Dont know when they'll turn them on....but probably within a couple weeks

you do need all MPEG4 equipment to be Eastern Arc

They just added the remaining SD locals for Syracuse on 61.5 today in MPEG4
Dont know when they'll turn them on....but probably within a couple weeks

you do need all MPEG4 equipment to be Eastern Arc

I see the missing Albany NY SD locals there as well so finally we'll be able to go EA once they turn them on. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)