119..Now I see it..Now I don't

gongura

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Not sure why this is happening. I stopped seeing all the 119 channels, did check switch get a NC for 119. Check the cable connections going into the DP34 as well as near the LNB's. Still can't see 119. Swap cables near the LNB's...doa check switch and now I see all the 119 channels..but then after a day or two its back to the square one. The CSR said I need to check the cable, not sure what that means since I checked the cable at the LNB's, at the DP34 and did not find any lose connections or kinked cables. Any suggestions/advise?

gongura said:
Not sure why this is happening. I stopped seeing all the 119 channels, did check switch get a NC for 119. Check the cable connections going into the DP34 as well as near the LNB's. Still can't see 119. Swap cables near the LNB's...doa check switch and now I see all the 119 channels..but then after a day or two its back to the square one. The CSR said I need to check the cable, not sure what that means since I checked the cable at the LNB's, at the DP34 and did not find any lose connections or kinked cables. Any suggestions/advise?

what type dish do you have? LNB type?

Assuming you have clear line of sight, and the problem exists on all your receivers, it sound like the 119 lnb may be messed up. Try bypassing the 34 switch altogether with one receiver and see what a check switch test reads. If only 110 comes up then you know your lnb is toast.

Of course, this does assume your line of sight is clear. Is there a tree that could be blowing in the way or anything like that?

Pardon me, But what exactly is repeaking my SD? Can I do this myself (my SD is installed in my backyard and so I do have easy access to it) or do I need to call an Installer? Also if line of sigt is an issue then no matter what I did (swapping cables etc) I should get the 119 channels? And if its a bad LNB then when I swap the cables leadinng to the LNB's I should not get 110? I have not tried bypassing the DP34 altogether and will try this as the last option before calling in Dish (hate to lose $100 if this is something that I can do myself).

gongura,

Repeaking the dish meaning getting the maximum signal strength out of the 3 satellites that you possibly can. You adjust the azimuth and the elevation angle to achieve this.

What are the readings for transponders 11 and 12 and 110, 119? It's possible that you have a line of sight problem too.

Gawd, yeah - even if it wasn't hack talk, he's a jerk for jumping blindly into an unrelated thread. :mad:

RandallA: You forgot that Skew may also have to be adjusted. Repeaking a SuperDish is not for the faint of heart, tho. Start by nudging the dish in various directions using hand pressure - WITHOUT loosening any bolts. Watch what happens - on MULTIPLE satellites and transponders. This takes a large amount of patience, and you must be within earshot of the receiver - trying to use a helper to call out numbers does not work very well. Baby monitors DO work well. ;)

SimpleSimon,

I didn't mention it on purpose. If the installer set it correctly, he shouldn't mess with it anymore. But you are right I should've mentioned it.

Regarding the jerk jumping in the thread, once I saw "how do i put the file in the coolsat400 pro" I knew he was talking about hacking.

gongura,

Just follow SimpleSimon instructions and you should be able to repeak the dish.

Also, don't forget the simple fix which sometimes works with two tuner DVRs. Unplug the Sat1 and Sat2 inputs and reverse them. This cured some bizarre behavior my 921 was going through after a crash when I had two HD timers active and a third ready to fire when one ended. Hilarity ensued.

After an hour of check switches, reboots, unplugs, you name it, merely switching the inputs cured the problem. The advanced CSR said something about this "reinitializing" the tuner cards. Yeah, OK, whatever.... All I know is it worked......