119 transponder 4

t_and_t_installations

Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Rochester, ny
anyone ever have a problem on a SD1-121 that all the recievers would loose 119 tranponder 4 only?? any idea how it would single out that one when it still had a 119 signal on transponder 4? something i never figured out just replaced everything at the call accept the recievers..

if this has been asked im sorry i am new here and will follow closely :)

TIA

t_and_t_installations said:
anyone ever have a problem on a SD1-121 that all the recievers would loose 119 tranponder 4 only?? any idea how it would single out that one when it still had a 119 signal on transponder 4? something i never figured out just replaced everything at the call accept the recievers..

if this has been asked im sorry i am new here and will follow closely :)

TIA

Welcome to satellite guys
You say you have a signal on 119 trans 4, but there is still a problem, a little confused. However I have seen a lot of times when there is a small problem somewhere that trans 4 would go out on 119. Please give more info, what dish and what receiver(s) model number and how far is the cable run??

i went to a couple of diffrent trouble calls.. recievers rangeing from 322's to 625's 311's-- normaly a short run too (less than 200 feet from Super dish to reciever) but for some reason they just would not recieve channels on 119 tansponder 4.. food channel is one of the popular ones people would loose.. just seemed wierd that with that much signal it couldnt get channels on it.. like something with the decodeing .. if you went to say the food channel it would give you the 015?? i think msg satelite lost and it would only say 119 transponder 4 all other programing and transponders where fine.. i changed out the switch and lnb wich seemed to cure it???? but i just wondered if anyone else had seen this before

Most of time I have seen this is when the voltage was weak coming out of the receiver. Except for one time there a pinch in a wire that was right at or longer of the 200ft mark from the dish, but you said you replaced wire. Also I seen this same thing happen twice with someone trying to combine a dp34 and dp21 for 4 sats, witch also pulls down the voltage. I took the dp21 out of line in both instances and 119 trans 4 came back. You are not the first to notice this problem.

Ive seen this last year, it caused problems with more than one transponder but the check switch showed fine. It finally cleared when I relocated the dish 20 foot further south because of a large oak that I felt might be messing with the 119 signal in some way. The signal on the 119 was hovering around 93 with the 110 at the same and the 121 at 70, I moved the dish 20 foot south and it got 119 109, 110 102, 121 83, and no more issues with the 119.

Hey Ke4est, do you have an alternate solution to simply removing the DP21 when trying to combine a forth Sat with a DP34? I'm having a similar problem. Every morning the customer has to clear the matrix then re-run a clean checkswitch... it works all day after that. These problems only started after adding 61.5.

ZandarKoad said:
Hey Ke4est, do you have an alternate solution to simply removing the DP21 when trying to combine a forth Sat with a DP34? I'm having a similar problem. Every morning the customer has to clear the matrix then re-run a clean checkswitch... it works all day after that. These problems only started after adding 61.5.

This is a good question for SimpleSimon. He has experience with this matrix, and says it should work fine. The DP system is so buggy you never know if you have a bad part, bad install, unsupported install, or just E* as usual. :D

I know there have been 119 lnb problems with SD121s. Even though E* only admits to 105/121 lnb problems. :mad:

Missing trans are mostly related to rec and lnb problems. Most other issues are not tightly tuned enough to pick out just one trans.

I agree the tuner is a likely culprit.

I've been running a 4-bird DP34/DP21 setup for many months without issues. 61.5 has a DP Dual feeding the #2 ports on the DP21s. DP34 is 119/110/148.

I have seen dp34 and dp21 combs work fine, I have one set up myself like simon. However thinking back about the ones that I seen problems with, they were both 301's and very long cable runs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)