119ok but 110 Quality flashes 80 to 0

justcoldchillin

Original poster
May 11, 2008
i can get 119 just fine but when i try to get 110 the quality signal flashes up to 80 and imedily down to 0 and back up to 75.
what would cause this problem?? PLEASE HELP!!!!
im going crazy!
ive bought new switches and cables and even tryd different lnbs. nothing will stop the flashing. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can get 119 just fine but when i try to get 110 the quality signal flashes up to 80 and imedily down to 0 and back up to 75.
what would cause this problem?? PLEASE HELP!!!!
im going crazy!
ive bought new switches and cables and even tryd different lnbs. nothing will stop the flashing. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try a different receiver.

The system is really only three components: LNB (switches), cables, receivers. If a different cable doesn't fix it, then cabling should be ok. If a different LNB or switch doesn't fix it, it ain't them either. Only thing left to check is the receiver by trying a different unit.

When I see this type of problem, it is because the receiver isn't providing constant voltage so the signal drops every time the voltage fails to get to the LNB. You can check for this with a volt/ohm meter connected at the receiver's SAT IN port (red to center, black to threads). You should get voltage from around 14.5v to 19.5v. It may fluctuate between the two as the receiver searches for satellites on either polarity. However, it shouldn't drop to 0. An analog volt/ohm meter is more responsive and would show a drop to 0 better than a digital volt/ohm meter which might not drop to 0 before the next pulse of voltage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts