12/21/2009 1:14pm - Uplink Activity Report - 6 changes

D

DigiDish Uplink Report

Original poster
SatelliteGuys.US DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 12/21/2009 1:14pm - 6 changes

Uplink Comparison Range: 12/21/2009 12:59P - 12/21/2009 01:14P

Channel Removals:
826 - ACDEM (A) removed from EchoStar11 110W TP 02 ConUS beam
826 - ACDEM (A) removed from Nimiq5 72.7W TP 07 ConUS beam

Channel Package Flag Changes:
739 - RTVI+ [MPEG2 SD] - Anik F3 118.7W TP 30 ConUS beam changed package flags (A)

Channel Renames:
738 - RTVI - Anik F3 118.7W TP 29 ConUS beam renamed to CTC (A)
9645(99) - AXETV - EchoStar11 110W TP 10 ConUS beam renamed to ITV (A)
9645(99) - AXETV - EchoStar8 77W TP 29 ConUS beam renamed to ITV (A)

Channels in the system: 6661
(A) = Available to subscribers
(NA) = Not Available
(H) = Hidden from non-subscribers

RTVI went out of freeview

The channel that left was the 24/7 La Academia (or something close to it) channel. Show is over.

Just spoke with a CSR. RTVI+ has been dropped completely, and RTVI replaced by STS (or CTC). The CSR was clueless as to the reason why. Hmmmm...

Just spoke with a CSR. RTVI+ has been dropped completely, and RTVI replaced by STS (or CTC). The CSR was clueless as to the reason why. Hmmmm...

DIRECTV press released today they are the exclusive satellite provider of RTVi, so that solidifies the assumption everyone is making.

Goes along with the notice I posted yesterday that RTVi and RTVi+ were being dropped. :)

ok, I haven't gotten to the news items yet. ;)

I do feel sorry for international channel viewers - it's almost like you have to have both DISH and DIRECTV because it seems these channels like to sign exclusive deals with one or the other and then change them up at some point. I don't know why they can't be on both for the sake of their loyal viewers but the exclusivity money must sure be great enough to tame the desire to reach 32 million potential viewers by being available on both.

It is indeed very frustrating having to choose between the two providers. I have to agree that Internet TV now beats the competition in regards to international channel offerings. For the time being, however, my Russian family wants to switch to DirecTV, as RTVI was the last channel available exclusively on Dish that kept them from switching.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts