127 Hours

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Well given my usual quest to see all the Oscar nominees I went to see 127 hours this evening.

It was a very good movie. But, I have to say I had trouble watching it. During some parts of the movie I put my hands over my eyes to mask out part of the screen (just taking quick peeks every now and then). Horror, blood, guts etc. do not bother me in movies. What made this one hard to watch is that it is based on a true story, and the shear thought of what happened was unnerving to me, and watching the reenactment put me over the top. They were not over the top with what happened, you could pretty much just cover up the lower left quarter of the screen a few times, and just watch the reactions on his face and see what was happening.

No, the movie is not all about the final solution, it is a journey through his life and it made me reflect a lot on my own life. Makes you think about all those worried mom calls one gets and how you think she is just being too worried. About how a series of choices got him into this situation.

If my kid was one that wanted to do rock climbing/going out into the wilderness alone I would want them to watch this movie.

I will probably watch the movie again some day, and perhaps this time I will not have to cover the TV.

I do not think it will win best picture, but Franco could get best actor for it.

It is hard to find this movie since it is only in 60 some theaters right now. Maybe they will expand the release.

I do not think it will win best picture, but I can see Franco winning best actor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)