129-110-119

levibluewa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2006
WA, OR, CA
Anyone else experiencing intermittent signal loss, during the last week or so? Last night 118 A&EHD kept losing signal...switched to Directv to watch the program!

What do your signals look like when you aren't having upper elevation snow showers?

The position of the shower determines which service will be blocked at any one time.

No snow just the usual severe drizzle. Signal levels on the 129 are good...upper 50s-80. Wondering if it could be bad weather at the uplink site (Wyoming?), or if DISH engineers are moving stuff around. If no one else is having issues I'll check to be sure something up stairs hasn't come loose.

No problems here in southern CA, so far. Although I did have to goose the program update early in the week on my 722. The 722K in the other room was up to date, so, dunno......

Signal loss confirmed...

by a friend with different dish setup and receivers (same sats 110-119-129). For the last couple of weeks momentary signal loss goes to typical signal loss placard. We've both discovered that you can recover the program by immediately hitting the channel up-down button. I've read where the engineers are playing with the 129 transponders....are they still tinkering? Any ideas guys?

by a friend with different dish setup and receivers (same sats 110-119-129). For the last couple of weeks momentary signal loss goes to typical signal loss placard. We've both discovered that you can recover the program by immediately hitting the channel up-down button. I've read where the engineers are playing with the 129 transponders....are they still tinkering? Any ideas guys?

Are you sure it isn't an OTA tuner losing signal lock. When that happens and you are watching a sat tuner, you'll get the signal loss error message with recovery by channel up or downing, etc. This is a known issue. You either need to make sure the OTA tuners are on a solid signal or remove the OTA channels via setup.

Laddyboy...

I have an antenna connected to my receivers; my friend does not.

I do get the "antenna" placard when I lose ota signal, but the signal comes right back automatically.

Are you saying that if one has an external antenna connected to a receiver (vip211) that it causes a signal loss / error when watching a satellite channel ???

I have an antenna connected to my receivers; my friend does not.

I do get the "antenna" placard when I lose ota signal, but the signal comes right back automatically.

Are you saying that if one has an external antenna connected to a receiver (vip211) that it causes a signal loss / error when watching a satellite channel ???

Yes, loss of OTA signal on the receiver's OTA tuner causes the error card to appear even if watching a satellite tuner.

Thanks Laddyboy, I did not know that. Now we have to figure out why 2 receivers (vip 612 / vip 211) that do not have ota antennas connected are acting the same way.

Thanks Laddyboy, I did not know that. Now we have to figure out why 2 receivers (vip 612 / vip 211) that do not have ota antennas connected are acting the same way.

It could, of course, be something else causing the problem, but this has come up quite a bit here on the forum. Does your friend have any OTA channels at all set up on his receiver? Has he ever run the local channel setup? It doesn't matter whether OTA antennas are connected or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)