129 and 119 out, anyone else's dish out.

I don't think your problem is what's happening to others, you should know this is not a Dish site although DIRT members do monitor this site. I would try to pm one or go with an online chat to have your problem addressed.

it would help if there was one online but there hasnt been for 4 hours now.

Hi Imulrich, I would like to assist you with your signal issue as it does sound like your issue is something other than the weather outage at the Cheyenne Up-link. Please PM me your account or phone number and the four digit security code and I will assist you further. Thank you!

Based on MaryB's reply, there was weather issues in Cheyenne, one of the major uplinks for DISH.

That would take it out all over :)

Thanks for the confirmation, Mary!

Reactions: MaryB@SlingTV
Dish CSR said that there is a problem with the 129 satellite and they expect to have it repaired in a week so there maybe more outages. I did get a credit of $25 for the earlier problems though..

I was watching the World Cup on ABC LIL which is on 119 and it never broke for the entire game. That was from about noon PDT until 4...

The Gilbert Up-link has been restored so everyone should be working again. If you are still having any issues, please reset your receiver and if you are still having an issue, please PM me your account information & four digit pin number so I can assist you further. Thanks!

Reactions: Albiondon
Storm at cheyenne

Sent from my iPhone

This is the first thing I went to look at was the weather over Cheyenne earlier when it hit me...saw the red dot and just went outside to do something else. This happened twice last year that I know and we ended up getting pounded by stupid service calls for 1-2 days afterward each time. I know a red flag goes of for the CSR on some events but many still slip thru.

Well if it was the weather, why don't they up the power to the satellite to get through the storm. What would happen if both sites experience some kind of monsoon and it storms on a constant basis. This would really be annoying. My neighbor has DirecTv and has never had a problem like what Dish experiences.

Does Directv have similar problems with uplink signal loss? I can remember Charley chat bragging about the Cheyenne uplink center when they were opening it.
I don't remember postings about mass signal failures on Directv.

Where is Direct's uplink? Maybe located in a area where storms are less likely to occur? Either way its a very rare issue to even get all bent about.

Why was Charlie bragging about the Cheyenne opening? Was there something special about that location over the others?

I remember other outages at the uplink center in the past several years causing issues although they were far and few in between.

Cheyenne is the biggest single uplink center as far as the uplink goes if I'm not mistaken. Gilbert is actually the one the government uses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)