129/chicago

benzbill

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
lockport,il
From what i am reading it sounds like the 129 satellite has a lot of problems, I am being hooked up Saturday should i use my old voom satelilte & a dish 1000 or will the 1000.2 or plus get me good signal by itself for the hd channels . I am about 25-30 miles south of chicago. I just want this to go smooth Saturday Thanks

Stick with comcast their quaility is better for the HD locals, or you can setup an antena since your close to the towers to get the locals, the locals will have audio/picture dropouts at night... :(

Most of the problems with 129 are on the Pacific Northwest and the West coast.

For the rest of the country with exceptions of the areas that 129 doesn't cover the signals are decent (70s and 80s). Not as strong as 119 or 110 but still decent. So look for signals in the 70s and 80s, anything less ask the installer to get you better readings off 129.

Most of the problems with 129 are on the Pacific Northwest and the West coast.

For the rest of the country with exceptions of the areas that 129 doesn't cover the signals are decent (70s and 80s). Not as strong as 119 or 110 but still decent. So look for signals in the 70s and 80s, anything less ask the installer to get you better readings off 129.

My current signal strength is 91, however I still get the green squares and audio drop outs at night...

My current signal strength is 91, however I still get the green squares and audio drop outs at night...
So i can hook up an external antenna & run it to the multi switch or is there an extra in on the lnb's? I also have the zenith indoor antenna that i used to run to the built in hd tuner on the tv can that run to the 622 if the locals are that bad? Man it makes me wonder if it's worth going with the dish after all i'm reading on here

So i can hook up an external antenna & run it to the multi switch or is there an extra in on the lnb's? I also have the zenith indoor antenna that i used to run to the built in hd tuner on the tv can that run to the 622 if the locals are that bad? Man it makes me wonder if it's worth going with the dish after all i'm reading on here

You can use the indoor antenna, mine works fine, however you still need to subscribe to the locals to get the guide info for the locals with the antenna....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts