129 down right now?

goresnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 22, 2008
Luckily 110 is working for me so I'm not missing Game of Thrones, but I'm not getting 129 or 119 right now. My Dish hasn't moved. Anyone else having problems? Is it a solar flare?

Mine came back. Don't know what the problem was. Couldn't check signal strength due to Primetime Anytime.

Edit: 129S is out again. But interestingly, when it just says 129, the channel is coming in. And now 110 is out, but 119 is fine.... Still can't check signals due to Primetime Anytime.

Last edited:
When you get through with PTAT , go into your menu and settings and then dish point and run another check switch. It should help fix your problem or tell you which sat is really out. With hoppers you have to run a check switch every now and again to get all your sats back in the matrix. I had this problem with certain tuners not seeing the satellite, when I first got my hopper in 2012 after a month of using it. A check switch run will help set your matrix back in for all tuners. It wouldn't hurt to do a power cord reboot either from time to time to help clear out the glitches and software bugs, especially after a software update. IF you discover it is one of your sats that is out , then you might have to get another lnb or a dish tech out to check your set up.

As soon as I'm not at work or in bed sleeping when ptat isn't active, I'll try those things. Thanks for the tips.

I'm having the same trouble. I'm on the western arc and all of my hd channels (CNN, disc,etc) revert to sd. Other had channels come in fine.

This usually happens from something blocking 129, if you are fine on say 140 ESPN which is on 119 yet those on 129 are reverting then look for a limb blocking it and get your cutters out.

It was my neighbors tree, he had one branch that was a bit low and blocking 129. We had a recent wind storm that pushed that branch over a bit. Nothing a saw couldn't fix.

well, everything worked fine for a while. Now, on 119, with a signal strength of 73, I'm losing HD, and reverting to SD. 110 and 129 signal strengths are above 50. Any ideas? Check switch is good, signal strengths are good...

I had to go back and clear a few more branches to get my signal back. A recent rain storm had bunched up a few branches together.

I'm curious as to how wide of an arc that needs to be cleared from the dish .

I have my dish that has the three LNB's attached to it and the branches I had to clear were a decent distance on the left (as you look at it). I would guess that those branches were a good 10 feet from the dish.

I had to go back and clear a few more branches to get my signal back. A recent rain storm had bunched up a few branches together.

I'm curious as to how wide of an arc that needs to be cleared from the dish .

I have my dish that has the three LNB's attached to it and the branches I had to clear were a decent distance on the left (as you look at it). I would guess that those branches were a good 10 feet from the dish.

Yeah as a tech I was sure that was the problem and I was correct, as for the arc needed well a tech isn't supposed to install it unless there is a 5 degree clearance bubble around each sat unless of course its a house or structure that isn't going to grow. I always tell people that the Dish as in the western arc that you have is always pointing slightly to the right (standing behind it) than what it appears. You can use a smart phone to determine the degree angle which should be around 250degrees and 23-25 degrees in elevation depending on location as in I'm guessing east coast?

So when you are cutting try to cut for future growth or prepare to do the same thing next spring/summer.

I have a tree that may be the culprit, in the wind. It looks as though the tree will be nothing but trouble from here on out, it's quite a fast grower. Need to schedule an appointment to relocate my dish.

I have a tree that may be the culprit, in the wind. It looks as though the tree will be nothing but trouble from here on out, it's quite a fast grower. Need to schedule an appointment to relocate my dish.

Be sure to tip good, these types of service calls don't pay much depending on where it can be moved if it can be. If it can't be prepared to do some tree trimming cutting etc.

Well, the tech is here. He's moving me to eastern arc. Once upon a time we had internationals, I guess that's why we were pointed through my tree.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)