129 in Alaska?

Thanks for the reports. I wish it was better news. If only dish would mirror the HD on 148. I can pull in a reliable signal from there with a 24" dish (I'm in Anchorage). I have sent numerous emials to dish requesting info on there plan for HD in AK, and I have yet to get a response (at least one that was not canned). If dish does not do something about getting more HD up here, I'm afraid I am going to start looking closer at the local cable company (I can't believe I just said that....).

Just for your info, here in Hawaii even though I was able to pull in a decent signal
Dish would not under any circumstances allow a programming upgrade to one of the metal packages.

I spent over an hour on the phone with tech support and the ceo people. It was finally determined that the 129 sat is CONUS only and that there is no usable signal able to hit Hawaii. I assume that is also the case for Alaska.

They had supervisors bypassing computer codes and doing everything they could think of but it would not work.

Dune

Several months ago I remember someone in the area of the state of Washington put a seperate dish to get 129. He posted pictures, he got a strong signal of 92, the dish looked a little bigger than 4 foot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)