129 INfo

phins

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 29, 2007
I have a 622 with a super dish on my roof feeding a DP34 (110, 119) then 2 feeds from DP34 to Receiver. All works fine. I want to add a single dish for the 129 (don't want to take down the superdish from the roof) What dish can I use Thanks

Do you need 129 for HD locals?
If not you may rethink 129 and use 61.5
Or get the 118/119 assy from a 500+ or 1000+ put it on the SD, use the old 119LNB for 129.

A 300 or a 500. Either would be fine.
He didn't say where he was located.
If he is in the West, then 61.5 might be difficult due to trees or buildings.
And then he would want at least a Dish500 for 129 - even better would be a 24-inch Dish.
If he is adding HD, then Dish will probably do a free install of the appropriate dish.

Signal dropout on 129

I seem to be having a similar problem. The transponders on 110 and 119 average about 90 signal strength, but on most on 129 I get no signal at all, and only about 45 on the ones I get anything on at all. I suspect the installer didn't do a very good job peaking the dish, he tried to get out of installing it even before he started. I've installed a couple of dish systems before and have had great success with signal strength, so I'm wondering if a simple tweak is in order, or should I have them come out and fix it? I live just east of Dallas, Texas if that makes any difference as to how hard it would be to improve my signal on 129. I really don't want a second dish on my roof so I would like to avoid that if possible.

I seem to be having a similar problem. The transponders on 110 and 119 average about 90 signal strength, but on most on 129 I get no signal at all, and only about 45 on the ones I get anything on at all......

Nevermind, I got bored so I climbed up on the roof to see what I could see. According to what's required for 110 and 119, the Elevation and Skew were set wrong. I marked where it was so I could reset it if i made it worse, changed it to spec...and whatdoyaknow? Signal above 80 on all Transponders on 129. Of the 5 installs I've had done by professional installers (as indicated by the last gentleman's embroidered t-shirt) I've had to tweak for better signal 100% of the time. Me - 5...Dish Network installers-0. I'm sure there are great installers for Dish out there, probably many around here, but 0 out of 5 working properly the first time is a bad ratio. On that note, to dish installers: you don't make any friends by making a fat guy get on his roof to fix his own dish. :) Good luck to all you who are having trouble with 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts