129 issues on the west coast...

pklong

Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
Tumwater, WA
So...I upgraded to the 622 on Friday and was installed. The HD content comes in great with the exception or the channels coming from 129, they stink! Anyway, I live in Olympia, WA. Anyone else in Wa or Puget Sound area having the same issues? Also, who do we fire an email too with Dish to express our issues?

Thanks in advance,
PK

pklong said:
So...I upgraded to the 622 on Friday and was installed. The HD content comes in great with the exception or the channels coming from 129, they stink! Anyway, I live in Olympia, WA. Anyone else in Wa or Puget Sound area having the same issues? Also, who do we fire an email too with Dish to express our issues?

Thanks in advance,
PK
ceo@echostar.com

I live on the N.W. Oregon coast not too far from Olympia. I've been having the same problem since installing a second dish and the receiver VIP 211.
Contacted E and they are aware of this situation, but fail to do anything about it. I keep on E mailing them until the problem is corrected. Iguess that"s all we can do. Anyone have any suggestions?
Zoom Zoom Zimmerman

OK, so one doesn't have to look very far on this site to see the huge number of problems with getting a reliable signal from 129, especially in the PacNW.

Has anyone had luck with getting a reduced bill from Dish for signals that they can't deliver (i.e. 129)? They seem to be trying to force me to sign up for a metallic package when all I really want is HD locals (on 119) and AT120 (110+119). Thanks

Add mine to the chorus of bad 129 signal reception in the NW. I live in Seattle and had to have a tech come out and repoint my second dish to 129 after the initial installer didn't do such a good job. I'm now getting in the 60s on each of the transponders on 129, but it's still not great. NatGeo is the worst - good thing I'm not upgrading to Gold b/c that has a hard time getting past 60 and can, occasionally, crap out, too. The tech told me that they moved 129 int he sky to make the East coast happier, and that it screwed with the West.

bxl4 said:
OK, so one doesn't have to look very far on this site to see the huge number of problems with getting a reliable signal from 129, especially in the PacNW.

Has anyone had luck with getting a reduced bill from Dish for signals that they can't deliver (i.e. 129)? They seem to be trying to force me to sign up for a metallic package when all I really want is HD locals (on 119) and AT120 (110+119). Thanks

I thought you could just keep regular programming on the 622 if you paid the hd enabeling fee for $6.00? Has Dish decided to change this too ?

HD LiL

I don't know. The Dish website seems to require a metallic package before it will let you consider HD LiLs. I was hoping for a presidence from one of the members here that I could hang my hat on instead of having to bushwhack through the CRS nightmare at Dish.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Bill

I can't believe they still do installs and point to this 129 with all the trouble it's giving. Why dont they just aim at 61.5 with a second dish until they figure out what the hell is wrong. It's just pissing off alot of people. It's bad business. When I get upgraded to the 622 I'm not letting the guy near my roof. Things are perfect up there with 2 dishes pointing in 2 different directions.

"Why dont they just aim at 61.5 with a second dish"

Some areas can't see 61.5 because of the elevation angle. Also, some HD Locals are only on 129 so they must install a dish to point at 129.
It's bad business but I guess we're stuck with 129.

Count me in as another ticked-off Olympian. I can't "see" 61.5 because of a huge hill to the east-north-east and an additional Dish 500 hasn't been proven to resolve the problem with 129. So, I have a D1000 pointing at 129 and get loss of signal ~20-minutes from any HD on the 129 sat (which is mechanically defective, by-the-way, not moved to another location).

So I've written to ceo@echostar.com complaining about this problem and requested a response. I'm not holding my breath...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts