129 line of site

fish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
I'm in the Pittsburgh area. Dish added a bunch of new hd channels to 129. I have a dish 1000 with a 500 wing. It has worked great for years. I pick up 110, 119, 118 and 61.5. Wanting the new channels I wanted to have my 500 repointed but the tech came out and determined because of trees I have no good line of site for 129. He called dish and they said that many customers will have that problem and they can do nothing about it. So.
1. Is everything above correct? Meaning that the new HD channels like amc is on 129 in Pittsburgh area? I was looking forward to walking dead series in HD.
2. If so and I have no line of site shud dish cut my bill some because I do not get all my channels?
3. Wut is the longest I can get away with running a cable if I move my 500 myself. I may be able to put it in the front yard where there is a break in the trees.
4. And as dish adds more HD channels do u anticipate them being on the 129? I can't be the only guy with this problem right?

Well, first of all, in PA you should be on the Eastern Arc, for sats 61.5, 72 & 77. Why the tech did not know this is anybody's guess. Do you have clearance to the SE of your house? If so, call Dish Tech Support and tell them you need to be moved to EA. The wing dish can be used just for 118. What, if any, other receivers do you have besides your HD?

I have 3 hd dvrs and two old sd dvrs. I'm assuming I'll lose reception with the old dvrs. I don't care if I do. I wantmy full hd package.

Hmmm. Are u saying that really I need only the 72,77 and 61.5 for all my channels. I think the 118 is just international which I don't care about. So if amc hd is not on the 61.5 as the dish rep insisted is al lot of new hd on 72 or 77. And can I just point my dish myself. I mean will the dish 1000 pick up all three 72-77 and 61.5? I currently get the 61.5 so my 500 is pointing to the south east. Are the 72 and 77 in that general direction.

Sorry for the multiple posts but I was just thinking. I already get the 61.5 with the 500. So all I would need to do is get the two 72,77 with the dish 1000. Would that work?

Oh yeah. One last thing. I have a single LNB dish 500 plus sitting in my garage. Can I use that in anyway? I could use three different dishes for the three satellites.

Oh yeah. One last thing. I have a single LNB dish 500 plus sitting in my garage. Can I use that in anyway? I could use three different dishes for the three satellites.

Call Dish. Tell them you are missing some HD channels to which you subscribe. Tell them you have had a tech out to check line of sight for 129 and it's a no go.
The CSR "should" make arrangement for a tech to install an Eastern Arc Dish on your property.
Your older receivers will not work with this Dish.
You can try to use what you have already. Try tuning the wing Dish to the 72.7 slot....

Thanks but again. I want to try to do it myself now. I'm pretty handy. Current setup is 500 plus getting 61.5 and 1000 getting 119,110, 118. And I have a brand new 500 plus single LNb sitting in garage. I have dpp44 switch.

1. Is ALL programming on eastern arc. 72,77 and 61.5? All hd etc.
2. Can I pull these three in w my current equipment?
I would use my dish hd dvr as pointer signal strength guide after getting proper coordinates.

Thanks.

Thanks but again. I want to try to do it myself now. I'm pretty handy. Current setup is 500 plus getting 61.5 and 1000 getting 119,110, 118. And I have a brand new 500 plus single LNb sitting in garage. I have dpp44 switch.

1. Is ALL programming on eastern arc. 72,77 and 61.5? All hd etc.
2. Can I pull these three in w my current equipment?
I would use my dish hd dvr as pointer signal strength guide after getting proper coordinates.

Thanks.

Yes you can get all programming on the ea. I use 3 separate dishes with DP lnb's into a dpp33 switch to get EA. I did this because i have tree issues also.

Yes you can get all programming on the ea. I use 3 separate dishes with DP lnb's into a dpp33 switch to get EA. I did this because i have tree issues also.
Thanks so much!

Any one know where I can find coordinates for the 72,77 out of Pittsburgh?

a 500 plus and a 1000 plus dish are the exact same thing only difference is for a 1000 plus you have to add a dish pro dual to a 500 plus and presto chang o is converted and a 500 plus hits 3 sats and a 1000 plus hits 4

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)