129 news from dish tech

dude2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
My 129 sat feed goes out very fast even in very very gentle rain, but will hold a 65 signal in good weather.
Tech asked if my antenna was grounded correctly and I told them it isn;t grounded at all.
According to him the mpeg 4 signals from 129 need to be grounded with a separate solid copper wire from the Lnc to the house power ground. He said do not ground the sheath in the cable wire itself.
He claims this will fix it and is sending the tech out to redo my instalation on thur.
Any install done by a dish tech,(not local dealer) has to be grounded by their instructions.
Interesting that a dealer can install and not have to ground.

While grounding is always good, I doubt that it will help with your problems with 129. That's just a bunch of crap. 129 is a low powered dying bird that needs to be replaced.

I don't think it'll make a difference. The sheath is a wire by itself actually and that's how the LNB is grounded. The other ground on the dish is not electrically connected to the LNB, because of the I,Y or W- adapter. They are made of plastic.

Yep, that was just a line. I would bet with 99.9% certainty that it won't help at all.

RandallA said:
While grounding is always good, I doubt that it will help with your problems with 129. That's just a bunch of crap. 129 is a low powered dying bird that needs to be replaced.
RIGHT ON! They are just NOT gonna F*cking admit it, no matter what, that this bird SUX! They try anything to fool people! Damn, it's so frustrating...why don't they just admit it: THE DAMN THING IS DYING!
They got so many empty sats up there now, ANY of them would do a better job than E5! Just friggin' move one there. In a year or two, it's gonna be dead anyways.

My Dish 1000 is properly grounded to the house ground with a seperate wire and I check it several times a year. It has made ZERO difference with my 129 problems.

As has been said here several times now, and I will repeat: E5 is a dying bird. I cannot comprehend why they don't just replace it with one of their many spares they're accumulating up there...and why they're uplinking new HD channels to it that will likely go live (but be essentially unwatchable) in about 10-14 days is utterly beyond understanding....

Grounding will make ZERO difference. One thing where I seen grounding solve something where someone had a problem with their system was with the caller ID.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts