129 problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shane73

Original poster
Jun 30, 2006
Wisconsin
I just got the 1000 installed a couple of days ago and the following day I called dish because I lost the signal. They will be coming tomorrow to get the signal back.
Will this be a contstant problem with the 129?
I have no issues with the 110 and 119.

Do you have a 61.5 dish? You can get all hd on 129 on 61.5 if you set it up right. The signal is usually much stronger on 61.5

pabisc said:
Do you have a 61.5 dish? You can get all hd on 129 on 61.5 if you set it up right. The signal is usually much stronger on 61.5

The problem with that is that some HD locals are only located on 129 or only on 61.5.

It may not help with HD locals, but all the other channels will be much stronger from 61.5 .

pabisc said:
Not only is the signal stronger but it doesn't have the cyclical dropout every 20 to 30 minutes that 129 has. My reception has been almost perfect since I switched to 61.5 and I'm in Washington State. Highly recommend it if you don't need 129 for locals. :up

1000 Install July 25, 2006

My 622 with Dish 1000 will be installed soon. I live near Columbus, GA. Will I have trouble with 129. Can I contact dish and request a 61.5 setup. My Dish 500 works great for 110/119.

Yes you will have trouble with the 129 sat. Everyone is experiencing some problems with the wobbly satellite in orbit. They have to keep firing the thrusters to keep it in orbit where it is supposed to be. The strengths go up and down every hour . But if you have your sat hd locals there you will have to keep the 129 sat, if you want them that is. Other wise the 61.5 sat is better for hd as it doesn't vary in signal strength. If you have a dish 500 with a dishpro plus twin then it is easy to attach a second dish for 61.5 to it and plug it right in to the built in switch in the dishpro plus twin. That way you can keep up the signal strength on the 110/119 sats . With the dish 1000 you will have to sacrifice some strength on all three satellites to get all three.

The installer came yesterday and still couldnt find the 129. He even installed a Dish 500 next To the 1000 i already had and still couldnt find the signal. They will be sending a new installer tomorrow to try. Getting very frustrated. I thought the dish 1000 was suppose to get all 3 sattelites. Now i have 2 sattelites. Is this a better solution to have 2 sattelite dishes instead of just 1 in the long run?

"Is this a better solution to have 2 sattelite dishes instead of just 1 in the long run?"
Yes.

The D1000 is supposed to get 3 satellites but 129 signal comes in very weak so it's better to have a separate dish for 129.

long_time_DNC said:
If I didn't have a big, hurking hill to my east-northeast, I'd have gone to 61.5 months ago... :(
All satellites are south of the east-west line above the equator. The 61.5 refers to the longitude and not the compass direction. Use the Dish signal strength page (often Menu-6-1-1) to see the elevation, magnetic compass direction, and skew. Skew is not relevant for 61.5 or any single satellite, use 90 deg. If your longitude was the same as the satellite's you would point true south, non-magnetically.

So look east southeast or southeast depending on where you are in the country.

-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)