129 question

It is doubtul that VA will get many locals on the 129 due to the low line of sight. However, it is likely that they will move them to the 110/119 when E* 10 is put up since they seem to want to move the locals off of the 105 and 121.

Cities with full sets of locals on 129 are

Erie, PA
Sioux City, IA
Columbus, OH
Wausau, WI
Charleston, WV
Dayton, OH
Wichita Falls, TX
Clarksburg, WV
Charlottesville, VA
Richmond, VA

This doesnt include cities that have locals split on 129 & 110/119

larrystotler said:
It is doubtul that VA will get many locals on the 129 due to the low line of sight. However, it is likely that they will move them to the 110/119 when E* 10 is put up since they seem to want to move the locals off of the 105 and 121.

you're thinking of PA that cant see it :)

VA they are moving most locals off SD to 129

And what about the subs that end up with a LOS issue? That's not a very smart idea to say the least. And, with the DC DMA covering a large part of northern VA, we are stll waiting to see what they do with the locals on the 61.5.

The use of the 129 slot by E* is not new. Remember the tri-beam. It was used to carry some of the locals out of the Philly market when the "must carry" channels became available. It did work though there were some problems and a large amount of NOLS's. 19 elevation is low. My hope is that the "one dish solution" won't cover the north east, and we will continue to use 61.5 and the second dish.

Actually, they will have to lease. My understanding is that it is like the D* deal at the 72.5. They will have to either "give" E*5 to the Canadian company and then lease it back from them. The uplink will have to be in Canada as well and it will have to be Canadian operated.....

mikethedishguy said:
The use of the 129 slot by E* is not new. Remember the tri-beam. It was used to carry some of the locals out of the Philly market when the "must carry" channels became available. It did work though there were some problems and a large amount of NOLS's. 19 elevation is low. My hope is that the "one dish solution" won't cover the north east, and we will continue to use 61.5 and the second dish.

The footprint for the 129 satellite DOES NOT cover the north east states.
Dont panic people of the north east, you wont be forced to move to Dish1000.

If the FCC ever gets around to approving the sale of rainbow1, Dish will have lots and lots of space available for the east coast and noth east.

larrystotler said:
ONLY new subs are currently eligible for the D1000. Existing subs still only get the second dish for now.

seems kind of dumb because the techs would have to go back out to replace them once they leave 148/61.5

larrystotler said:
Actually, they will have to lease.
My understanding is that it is like the D* deal at the 72.5.
They will have to either "give" E*5 to the Canadian company and then lease it back from them.
The uplink will have to be in Canada as well and it will have to be Canadian operated.....
Well, this is just hilarious.
If true, do you think Charlie hasn't already opened a Canadian company to do the job?
I've got to hear more about this question. :)

Anole said:
Well, this is just hilarious.
If true, do you think Charlie hasn't already opened a Canadian company to do the job?
I've got to hear more about this question. :)

The Canadian company Ciel holds the license for 129 W via the Canadian government. Ciel has an agreement with Dish related to the E-5 satellite there and Ciel would not have been able to gain the licenses at 129 W without use of E-5. I don't think Dish has given up ownership of E-5 just legal "control" of it while it is at 129 W. I do not believe the uplink to E-5 has to be or currently is in Canada but again it needs to be legally "controlled" by Ciel. Dish has use of all 32 DBS frequencies at 129 W until at least September of 2008. After that date Dish will have use of at least 16 DBS frequencies and possibly more. Ciel by the way is partly owned by SES Americom, the owner of AMC-15 and AMC-16 that are leased to Dish. Recently there have been a few rumors that other Dish satellites would be moved to 129 W. If this is the case, I do not think this would occur until after the E-10 satellite is launched in early 2006. E-10 is suppose to be launched to 110 W and if so, this may free up both the E-6 and E-8 satellites from 110 W for use elsewhere.

721 Feature Reduction - C'mon DISH !

Yet another actually happy 942 owner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts