721 Feature Reduction - C'mon DISH !

mikew

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
Dish Home on the 721 has gone from poor to worthless! Went to check sports scores tonight and noticed that the Sporting News feature is now gone. I can't believe these programmers can take away features and nobody notices. When will the features that used to exist return?

Actually, I liked having the Sporting News on Dish Home too. On ESPNews you might have to watch the ticker on the bottom of the screen for 10 minutes to get your score, or wait a half hour for them to cycle the video back to the game your interested in. With Dish Home, in 30 seconds you can have the complete list of scores and the standings. Or I should say you used to be able to do that. It was awful clunky, but it was convenient.

mikew said:
Screw off ! I'm talking about a feature that existed, then disappeared.
take a chill pill dude

you are one of the very few that i know of that liked the sporting news info on dish home

still waiting for nbr on my 721 and im sure ill be waiting a long time

They're trying to get the new Dish Home with the 6 screens up and running. So the old version won't be there anymore, but I think you can select the same info at the bottom of the new Dish Home.

mikew said:
Dish Home on the 721 has gone from poor to worthless! Went to check sports scores tonight and noticed that the Sporting News feature is now gone. I can't believe these programmers can take away features and nobody notices. When will the features that used to exist return?

They have this wonderful new invention that gives you access to information from around the world instantly. It's called the INTERNET. It's what you're using right now. In fact, if you go to sportingnews.com, your problem will be solved! Instead of wasting time posting your whining here, just go to the Sporting News website. Or ESPN.com. Or FoxSports.com. Or sports.yahoo.com. Or si.cnn.com. Or sportsline.com. Or any of the hundreds of other internet sites where you can get your scores from.

Or simply tune in to one of the many channels which provide sports scores including but not limited to: ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN News, FOX Sports, CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, your local news on your local channels, and many more!

WTF with you guys? I like to look at sports scores between innings. The scores were there at the press of a button. I get chastised for complaining about a feature that was removed. I get smart ass replies from folks telling me to watch ESPN or go to my computer. I'm called a whiner??? KISS MY ASS!

WTF is this guys problem...

We're telling you it's a small feature that most users don't use. That is why it was removed. We realize you used it but it's gone and nobody but you seems to care. Move on man...

mikew must be having a bad day and I agree his responses were inappropiate however I must agree with him. I have that feature on my 510's and on occasion I do use it to look up scores. If I lost that feature due to the new dish home page with the 6 screens it just goes to show how often i used it. This may be off topic but I really wish I could pick the stations to watch on dish home.

mikew ain't the one with the problem here guys. It's all the people trying to shift the blame from those at fault (Dish) to the victim. It reminds me of the days when people blamed the rape victim for wearing a short skirt.
The fact is that they REMOVED a feature that is surely used by more than this one sub. They did it without notice, as they do with all feature changes. When I sold my 721, it was working fairly well. Since then, I've been reading of the bugs introduced by new SW updates. Another example of the poor programming and testing discussed in the recent poll.

Thanks Gary. No, I'm not having a bad day. I simply posted a fact then get slammed and insulted.

LER...What do you mean by Chill Out? Even Scott posts using WTF and the word "ass". Do I not have the right to speak my mind when others post such BS? Wouldn't you be insulted if folks told you to go somewhere else for information that should be on Dish Home?

[We're telling you it's a small feature that most users don't use. That is why it was removed.] If that's the case...why is it available on the new Dish Home on my kid's 510 & 508?

It seemed you were sniping at EVERYONE that disagreed with you, that's all.

I was concerned it was heading for personal attacks.

LER

wouldn't complaining to Dish directly be more useful? Call a CSR, they're paid to listen to your complaints.

I can see mikew's arguement. I don't use the feature but I am sure more people do. I think Ler was telling you to chill because of the screw you comment. I don't recall Scott telling someone that, but hey this is his baby he could if he wanted to. lol

I hate the way dish removes features without telling the customer first, but that is the way they do it and always will. I know your are pissed about it, if I used it I would be. Hey, if someone didn't raise a little hell about dish taking a feature away there is no telling what they would do.

Purogamer said:
WTF is this guys problem...

We're telling you it's a small feature that most users don't use. That is why it was removed. We realize you used it but it's gone and nobody but you seems to care. Move on man...

Your sarcastic comment set him off. I think he went a little overboard in his response, but ease up yourself. They took away a feature he used and he was upset that they took it. I felt the same way when the interactive weather channel went away (well, got buried in DishHome instead of being instantly accessible from tuning to a channel)

there's an interactive weather channel in dishhome? I was looking for that during a recent thunderstorm and all I got on WTC was rita and katrina news.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)