How to disable this Hopper3 dvr feature!

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
The wifey likes her History channel. So, I do a lot of recording to make her happy. When I check the recordings in folders Hopper3 shows they are neatly sorted by season and episode number.
There are also episodes with 'on demand' feature. It sounds helpful, but..................

After a recorded episode ends Hopper3 jumps into next one regardless of the status. (recorded or on demand) I don't mind if it is an actual recording. But, I don't want to start streaming/recording it. I believe dvr keeps the on demand shows for few days, a week. Then, they delete themselves.

My question.........

Is it possible to turn off dvr on demand' listing in folders where recordings are kept?

If it s not, how do I turn auto play feature off?

My wish: I view a recording. It ends and hopper3 stops. I delete the show if I want to, go pick another episode in the same folder. Although I have unlimited internet service, I don't want streaming unless it is my intention with Roku & Fire sticks.

Thanks everybody.

I know that I can disconnect wifi connection to Hopper3 temporarily to stop streaming on demand. Hoping there is an easier way to accomplish this.

Reactions: LQQK
Thanks guys.

Hipkat: I open the guide. go to the channel. Slowly scroll, mostly evening hours. select a show. and record 'series'. I usually don't select 'new' since some of these shows are reruns and I want to record them all.

Josh: I don't see that option.
A hopper3 created folder named 'Ancient Aliens'. I select it. Press 'options' on remote 52.0
4 options:
Custom (grayed out, can't select it!)
Expand all seasons
Season, Episode Sort
Manage recordings

'Manage recordings' gives me 7 options. I don't see display options.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I solved the mystery!

Josh's recommendation works as long as the dvr created folder is not in another folder.
When I recorded several different shows from history channel they were saved in folders under their names. (Unsolved mysteries, secrets of the dead, etc.) I moved those 4-5 folders into a new folder I created and named it 'mystery'.
I opened this mystery folder then the subfolder I wanted. Pressing 'options' would not allow me to select the first option 'filter'. It showed 'CUSTOM filter'. I decided to move this folder from the mystery folder to where all the other recordings were.
That was the answer. Now, options button on remote lets me select 'filter. 7 options and one of them is on demand (to select or not.)
Now, all the folders let me filter the way I want.. Recordings only.

Thanks Josh.

Now this is interesting! It happened last night.
Prime time recording to skip commercials. Recorded on last thursday. 'Law and order' show. Only the latest episode. We watched and I stopped it when it ended.
Hopper3 gave me a list of different episodes to stream! The words 'on demand' were next to them.
If I hadn't stopped what would have happened? Would the next on demand episode start streaming?

Do I need to select a folder and go to options to filter and uncheck 'on demand'? One at a time? That would be very time consuming if there were too many recorded shows.
But, it may be the only solution to rid of 'on demand' episodes.

Every time I watch a recorded episode and it ends, there is a list of all recorded and on demand recordings for that same series that are available.

This is a feature that I do not think is optional.

I have never has one begin playing that I did not select.

I just left my Hopper in the situation where an on demand program was hilited but not clicked. After several minutes, the Hopper went to live TV.

Only the latest episode. We watched and I stopped it when it ended.
Hopper3 gave me a list of different episodes to stream! The words 'on demand' were next to them.
Yup. That usually works OK even if you DELETE the program you just viewed in which case it shows up On Demand as well. But on one of the channels that I record, it showed On Demand as usual but claimed I needed to subscribe to future episodes when I selected it. Really? How does that make any sense?
If I hadn't stopped what would have happened? Would the next on demand episode start streaming?
I have never seen it continue on to the next episode when it's On Demand. (In other words, Jim is right.)

Every time I watch a recorded episode and it ends, there is a list of all recorded and on demand recordings for that same series that are available.

This is a feature that I do not think is optional.

I have never has one begin playing that I did not select.

I just left my Hopper in the situation where an on demand program was hilited but not clicked. After several minutes, the Hopper went to live TV.

Another user with the same experience -- mine works just like Jim's. My in-laws just upgraded to the Hopper3 and theirs works exactly the same way too except they don't have internet but they still get the "on demand" list !!! I wish Dish would give us an option to disable it because it's just confusing for them .....

they don't have internet but they still get the "on demand" list !!!
I remember seeing the same thing when my
hopper3 was not connected to Internet due to not having unlimited data package.( Few years ago, before T-Mobile offered a great service for $50 a month.)
I always thought it was weird.