129 Sat- what is the Azimuth, Skew Ect

ScottChez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 2, 2003
I know its different for each zip code, but what are some typic settings and what is your city?

Estimations would even help.

Is it typically the same settings as the 119 sat only more to the right?

skew would be 90 since you are only aiming at 1 satellite.
elevation is about 5 degrees lower the 119
azimuth would be about 10 degrees west of 119

that should give you at least something for signal work from.
A simple satellite meter would make it much easier.

I install in the souther eastern to near sout central region of michigan and sometimes north western ohio. For the 121 superdish that gets 121, 119, and 110 I set the elevation to 30, skew is 123, signal strengths for the 121 average around %80 but Ive had it just above %100 once and can get it into the %90 range more often.

Even though dbs dish's can be out of alignment and still get signal to a degrea the settings for each are specific so you cant set a dish to specs for 119 and get a 110 signal unless your mast is out of wack, same goes for trying to get the 121 with a dish set to 119 specs.

Actually, Van, you CAN get a signal across the BSS board - it just won't be that good. My pointing method is to set skew & elevation, hook up my beeper to the 119 eye, then scan from west to east, stopping on the 3rd hit (Used to be the 2nd hit ;) ). Then I adjust elevation for max strength. Usually, 110 falls in without change, athough today I was reusing an existing mast for a REALLY old Dish300 (the Legacy LNB was labeled "Echostar"). No way to plumb it without a remount, so I had to muck with it by ear.

Of course, you will NEVER get a signal for 121 or 105 from a BSS LNB - those birds are FSS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)