129 signal strength in Boise, ID?

walendvay

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
Hi. I am contemplating switching from D* to E*. However, I am a little concerned w/ the 129 signal strength and dropouts. Is anyone in the Boise area on this message board and is there any feedback with the signal strength on this bird?

Thanks.

I'm a bit north and west of Spokane, WA. Strength here with a 1000 results in random pixelation even during clear days, no drop outs or lockups however. Switching to a two dish solution resulted in quality high enough to have no issues caused by signal strength during normal viewing conditions. I'm sure drops during storms are far more likely.

129 Signal Strength, Boise ID

Boise subscriber here (near Five Mile/Victory). Been with Dish 4 years now and have only had signal drop once in that time. Happened last winter during the driving snow, easily fixed by removing the 1/2" or so of snow that had accumulated on the dish.

I rarely see signal strength drop below 85%. Most of the time it sits in the low 90's.

hellion said:
Boise subscriber here (near Five Mile/Victory). Been with Dish 4 years now and have only had signal drop once in that time. Happened last winter during the driving snow, easily fixed by removing the 1/2" or so of snow that had accumulated on the dish.

I rarely see signal strength drop below 85%. Most of the time it sits in the low 90's.

Is this on the 129 satellite and the DISH 1000 (the sat that has VOOM and ESPN2?)

Thanks.

I would really doubt that he is seeing numbers that good from weak transponders on 129 with a single dish solution. I was seeing them as low as 55 when i had a single dish 1000. I would assume those numbers are from 110/119.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)