129 Signal Strength

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kdo

Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
East Central Alabama
I recently purchased and installed a Dish 1000.2. After initial installation I had a signal strength of around 100 for the 110 and 119 satellites and about 80 for the 129 satellite. After completing the installation my new receiver (vip 211) took a software download and now I have a signal strength of about 75 for the 110 and 119 satellites and about 40 for the 129 satellite. I have tried peaking the dish and this is as good as I can get it. Is this signal sufficient for the 129? I live in East Central Alabama. I have nothing obstructing my view. Should I be receiving a better signal?

You're in good shape. Those are exactly my levels and until you get a hard rain, you'll be fine on 129. (I'm just over the state line to the west of you.) From what I've read on here, the 40 - 50 signal I get on 129 is one of the best in the country. Your signal strength meter decrease after the software update is normal. BTW when the new satellite at 129, Ciel-2, comes online shortly, your 129 signals will improve greatly.

well i think i figured out how to tweak 129. if u watch the signal strength for awhile(not long really) youll notice when the satellite is either wobbling or moving away from its intended location(lower signal strength). at that point they apparently use fuel to move the sat back to where it should be(signal strength will rise). when u see the highest signal go out and move your dish a bit to get the highest u can get(transponder 17 best for 129). or just wait until the new sat is operational which is prob ur best bet, but thats how i got mine tweaked. my signals from lowest is high 30's to high 50's on 129 which im pretty happy with in oklahoma. when i first installed it and tweaked it i only had 20s to 40s fyi.Woohoo im not a freshman anymore yipee!!!

Last edited:
Yes, actually the channels we currently receive from 129 will be moved to a new satellite some time in January.

Look for threads in January about Ciel-2 (the name of the new satellite).

When they say that the new satellite is online and that the existing 129 channels have been moved to it, then check your 129 signal strength relative to 110 and 119.

PS You have not been doing anything wrong, it is just coincidence that you installed your 1000.2 right before this change.

I recently purchased and installed a Dish 1000.2. After initial installation I had a signal strength of around 100 for the 110 and 119 satellites and about 80 for the 129 satellite. After completing the installation my new receiver (vip 211) took a software download and now I have a signal strength of about 75 for the 110 and 119 satellites and about 40 for the 129 satellite. I have tried peaking the dish and this is as good as I can get it. Is this signal sufficient for the 129? I live in East Central Alabama. I have nothing obstructing my view. Should I be receiving a better signal?

Nothing changed except the scale the signal meter uses. When the new software downloaded, you went from "old scale" to "new scale" on the meter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)