129 versus 61.5

ghc37

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
I live in central arkansas Zip 72015 and installer said he can't get a signal for 129 because it's lower on horizon and trees are in the way. So... I can't get most of my HD channels. Can anyone tell me if 61.5 would be better choice for my area? Are future HD channels going to be on 129 only?

Thanks

I live in central arkansas Zip 72015 and installer said he can't get a signal for 129 because it's lower on horizon and trees are in the way. So... I can't get most of my HD channels. Can anyone tell me if 61.5 would be better choice for my area? Are future HD channels going to be on 129 only?

Thanks

Do the 61.5, you'll have a higher signal. The HD content is mirrored except for the HD locals on each bird.

I have the 61.5 rather than the 129. I do not get locals off of the DISH network so that is not an issue for me. Up here in Minnesota, the 129 bird has ALOT more issues/dropouts problems than the 61.5. If you do not need locals, 61.5 may be better choice for HD.:rolleyes:

61.5 works a lot better than 129 if you can get signal. My problem is that if they turn on my RSN HD, it's on 129 so I'll have to switch back to 129. Like others have said, you'll only be missing your LiL HD locals or RSN HD if they're on 129.

Yep, and if you a hockey fan and subscribe to center ice all the feeds are from the RSNs (for the most part) which mean still no HD on Center Ice. I'm serving a 61.5 jail sentence because I picked the wrong side of a hill to live on.

Is there some kind of map or something that actually shows what part of the continental US can recieve 129 signal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)