12mo starz changed to 3mo free????

skierrob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Had starz for free for 3 months and spoke with customer support yesterday and they took it off and gave it to me For 12 months instead.

Looked online at account and had it listed as starz 12 mo free.

Then tonight looked at online account and it said starz 3 mo free again.

Spoke to customer support again and was told they would fix it. Now shows 12 mo free again.

Wonder if it will keep this time or if I will lose it again?

I am getting platinum and encore free for 3 mo and cinemas for 1 mo free too. So I wonder if that did something to my 12 mo starz?

Just seems strange that I lost it somehow automatically today. :(

If you already have the 3 mo free Starz promotion, the system will keep tossing the new promotion (which is why the offer should have been something else). The system will not allow two "codes" of the same programming or promotion, regardless of the length of time. Unfortunately, it is likely to come back off and please understand that you cannot get it at all. If you PM the account number I can look and see current status and see if there is something else that can be done, but the 12 mo will not happen.

Same thing here. I had Hd Plat and Starz free for 3 months, they both went off in Dec. I got Starz free year --asked to change to free year of Hd Plat. Chat on my dish said they changed it but it wasn't. Called 800 # was told it couldn't be traded ?? on my dish website Hd Plat selection is greyed out ???????????

If you already have the 3 mo free Starz promotion, the system will keep tossing the new promotion (which is why the offer should have been something else). The system will not allow two "codes" of the same programming or promotion, regardless of the length of time. Unfortunately, it is likely to come back off and please understand that you cannot get it at all. If you PM the account number I can look and see current status and see if there is something else that can be done, but the 12 mo will not happen.
So your saying if we are currently in a free 3 mo Starz promotion, we can't get the 12 mo free promo?

Tony, I sent you a PM. Hope we can work something out. Thanks!

So your saying if we are currently in a free 3 mo Starz promotion, we can't get the 12 mo free promo?

That is correct. The deal is for people who do not have the programming. Therefore if you have the programming, even as a free offer, it will not allow it on the account. The next offer would be used. Typically the promotional programming that was originally on the account takes precedence over any subsequent offers, so skierrobs issue seems to demonstrate exactly that.

Is this a new (in the last couple of days) policy? I am surprised that you can't delete one promo and put another promo in it's place.

Edited to add note for Netflix customers: We can stream about 1000 Starz movies for free. ;) I gladly accepted my 3 month Starz promotion to my Dish account, and was very happy to see Dish computers pass over the 12 mo promo to give me Platinum for free instead. Now that's a value add IMHO. Coupons? :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)