1316 MoCA error

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
I have a Hopper with Sling and 2 wireless Joeys connected. The Hopper is connected wirelessly to an ASUS RT-68u router. The ASUS is connected to my WOW internet ARRIS gateway by ethernet cable. The Dish WAP is connected to the Hopper via ethernet cable. Everything has a good signal strength and when I check in the diagnostics it states that MoCA is not used at all. So why am I getting the 1316 error. I have seen this error intermittently since I have had the hopper (April 2018) but two times in one night is a bit irregular.

I seem to have been chasing issues with different things for a long time (ARRIS gateway not supported, was not aware of that until recently, intermittent hard drive issues with the Hopper, connectivity issues with the wireless Joey's with seemingly good signal strength) and the wife is starting to get fed up with the issues. Any ideas on how I can make this a reliable system that will work when it is turned on and not require either the Hopper or Joey's to be unplugged and reset at least once a week? Thanks for any additional suggestions.

It sounds like there may be some internal issues with your Hopper, olds403, and we may need to look into this further. You can reach out to our Chat teams by clicking this link: Request Rejected. We have agents ready to assist with any troubleshooting issues you may have.

I contacted Technical Support yesterday and scheduled a service call for next week. Hopefully they can diagnose the problem. The Tech support person suggested swapping the wireless Joeys for wired Joeys, which I do not think is an option. The wireless Joeys are located on the second floor, and not in close proximity to the Hopper downstairs. I don't think they will be able to install cable to the locations/walls that the current TV's are on.

I would prefer diagnosing the problems with the current equipment, I am not moving the locations of the TV's and furniture in the bedrooms to accommodate wired receivers. I don't think that it is too much to ask that we be able to watch tv without resetting the receivers weekly.

Tech came today, checked everything, dish, cables, connectors, receivers, everything. He ended up replacing the Hopper with Sling. Bonus was he had a Snap on the truck and ended up giving it to me after I asked about it.

Hopefully this resolves the issues I have been having, now that I think about it the issues have been intermittent since about the time I got this Hopper so I am hopeful.

I just noticed that the replacement Hopper with Sling looks different than the old one. It says Blockbuster on the lower right front panel next to the front USB port. I am guessing it is a refurb? Blockbuster hasn't existed for years.

Replacement units are often refurbs, as are new installs. Even if you buy one from a dealer you may get a refurb instead of new. The dealers have no control over which units Dish supplies to them. The first HWS I bought does not have the Blockbuster label, but the second one bought a year or so later does have it. I've not seen any difference in the performance of the two units...

Yeah, it seems to work the same, I was just surprised to see the Blockbuster logo on it since they have been gone for a long time.

Reactions: TheKrell
Yeah, it seems to work the same, I was just surprised to see the Blockbuster logo on it since they have been gone for a long time.

Yeah. I thought they were long gone before there were HWS's.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)