151 OLN is On

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
KeithInDallas said:
Testy, testy... simply an example of a local team is playing and it's not being blacked out; which is the opposite of what is happening in Colorado. It's an effort at providing useful information that tells him OLN is not being blacked out in Dallas (the other team involved in the question); and it was also helpful to others of us in Dallas who might have been wondering based on the initial question. This is a discussion forum.

okay, here is where the discussion part comes in:
How was this useful information for him that the game is on channel 27 in Dallas? Theoretically, if someone were to come on tomorrow from Dallas and ask why they can't see the game on OLN (and to be fair, I have no idea if it is even on that channel tomorrow or not) and I say that it is on Altitude Sports here in Colorado on Channel 410 it would be helpful for them? I will give you the "it was helpful the those in Dallas" part, but beyond that I just don't see how that answered the guys question.
But as long as he got to see the overtime goal by Sakic to put the Av's up 2-0, it's pretty much a moot point now isn't it! :D (okay that wasn't as much to help the discussion, but I guess it could be!)

Slamminc11 said:
okay, here is where the discussion part comes in:
How was this useful information for him that the game is on channel 27 in Dallas? Theoretically, if someone were to come on tomorrow from Dallas and ask why they can't see the game on OLN (and to be fair, I have no idea if it is even on that channel tomorrow or not) and I say that it is on Altitude Sports here in Colorado on Channel 410 it would be helpful for them?

Yes, actually, it would be. Since this thread was actually entitled "151 OLN Is On" and the past issue between OLN & Dish has been about whether or not hockey was going to be carried, I would know from your answer that the game is not being blacked out everywhere, including in the other team's market. That would allow me to eliminate that as the issue, and let me persue other possibilities. I would call that helpful.

vurbano said:
Thats one thing I do not like about Dish. Channels dissapearing and reappearing because they cannot work out a contract ahead of time. NO way to run a business IMO jerking the customers around like a yo-yo. Many people make decisions about which service provider to use based on what channels they carry. And when you sign a contract the provider should be required to at least continue to carry those channels during the contract, or let you out of the contract for no cost and buy back the equipment. ANd I know the arguement "charlies trying to get the best deal and keep rates down, yada yada yada." I dont buy it. It happens too much lot with DISH IMO. I think its more of a case of waiting until the last minute to do things.

Yes, and it doesn't happen with the other major suppliers. Charle likes to play chess -- he gets to be "King", he uses his subscribers as "Pawns" and we all get"Rooked"!

However, he did finally come through, but not before we (all hockey fans) suffered several months of lost programming...

grb said:
Yes, and it doesn't happen with the other major suppliers. Charle likes to play chess -- he gets to be "King", he uses his subscribers as "Pawns" and we all get"Rooked"!

However, he did finally come through, but not before we (all hockey fans) suffered several months of lost programming...

Several months? They lost the entire regular season

I hate to be selfish but this never bothered me. I never felt like watching hockey on Monday's and Tuesdays in the regular season. I don't know why OLN chose those nights. Plus, between the Wings locally and with CBC, I can get pretty much all the playoffs.

OLN, which will change its name to Versus in September

Is that official? I knew they are looking to change their name since they are changing their focus to a sports channel from a sporting channel. But I didn't know that they made a decision. "Versus"?

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
Is that official? I knew they are looking to change their name since they are changing their focus to a sports channel from a sporting channel. But I didn't know that they made a decision. "Versus"?

See ya
Tony
USA Today's sports on TV column today says that's happening in October, as I remember.

No More!

grb said:

Me not getting Rooked No More!.Me call up Charlie,tell him,You Fired!.Me Happy!

call up on the dish 800 number and they have an advertisement for OLN, Saying OLN has been changed into Playoff central for the Hockey playoffs, and it also states avail. only on 180 and = or higher

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)