$17 fee for returning vip211!

What I meant was that some people are already fed up with all the extra fees, while with others it may not take much more for them to get fed up. KY anyone?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

$8 to return a DVR receiver by USPS is cheap! That seems a bit too low... Unless a person has access to a UPS or Fedex account with reasonable discounts, it's probably cheaper to pay Dish for the return label vs shipping it themselves.

I'm guessing the 211 would fit in one of those flat rate boxes.Now if the op shipped in the original dish box for $8 all I can say is the return center must really be close.

As long as the account is still active. i.e. keeping at least one receiver active. You should not be charged the fee.

I decided to cut one of my three receivers. I called Dish they are sending me a box. Now I get an email stating that if I use the enclosed label, my account will be charged $17. I knew that they charged for returning receivers when you closed your account, but I thought that they paid shipping as long as you still had other receivers? Is this another new fee?

It's a generic email that gets sent when ever they send out a box. Just like the paperwork inside the box will ask for the LNB back on an active account.

:confused:. .well i guess i shouldn't say anything but i hafta do it.....................just returned two receivers (722K, 221K ) used the Dish boxes, got my final bill and "NO" shipping charges added. DID NOT return the LNB. :happydance::happydance:

Received the hugh box. It is made to hold two receivers, remotes, lnb, and switch if needed. My 211 and remote left the box almost empty. It also included instructions on which receivers to return and to scrap any that were not on the list.

When I left, I jammed a 722 and a two 211's in a box and shipped it for half of what Dish would have charged. I also didn't return remotes or LNB. I could have easily reached the LNB, as it it within reach from my deck, but I figure screw them for charging me shipping. Leaves a bad taste in a customers mouth on the way out the door charging to ship the equipment back. Not smart business practice for gaining return customers in my opinion.

They do not want the remotes back for sure, and switches either. the lnb they do ask for, but just tell them you can't get at it.

Kind of petty to expect customers to remove lnb, even if they can. I think that started this when piracy was at a all time high and people would cancel and just hook up there fta or hacked receiver to their existing dish.

They do not want the remotes back for sure, and switches either. the lnb they do ask for, but just tell them you can't get at it.

Kind of petty to expect customers to remove lnb, even if they can. I think that started this when piracy was at a all time high and people would cancel and just hook up there fta or hacked receiver to their existing dish.

Not to mention the fact it only takes away from the dish mover program.When they rolled that program out yrs ago they had videos showing to leave not just the dish but the lnb.Take your sat receivers with you.

Not to mention the fact it only takes away from the dish mover program.When they rolled that program out yrs ago they had videos showing to leave not just the dish but the lnb.Take your sat receivers with you.
Sure, so the next residents would be good to go...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)