17 New Screen Shots of Windows 7 are fake

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Well this site got sent to them some screen shots of the new Windows 7 which not their saying probably fake.. Either way my guess is Windows 7 is just going to be another Vista with a little different look and maybe a few different features. Anyway thats my 2 cents but you can look at the SS on the site below..

17 new Windows 7 screenshots are fake, demo tonight?

I dont think touchscreen is going to work.

I have a touchscreen pm (a HP Touchsmart PC) and I never use the touchscreen, its just easier to do stuff using the mouse and keyboard.

Reaching up and across to touch the screen just in not natural. I thought I would love the touchscreen but I actually never use it.

I wonder if they'r going to release it with some new computer system as well that would make it more comfortable to use the touch screen? I use them every day at work for product movement on a neoware system that uses a linux distro and a 233mhz processor, I think the installed ram is 256k.

The Touchsmart hasn't seemed to catch on very well. Touchscreens have their place, but general home and office use isn't it. Mousing can be more accurate.

I have a tablet PC (HP 2910) and i love it, but i certainly dont use the tablet function constantly, only when i am moving around or need the pen type input, signing docs etc.. Outside of that i use the mouse/kb because i can type a lot quicker then i can write (even with Vistas excellent recognition).

Maybe i have been using keyboards too long to give them up entirely, maybe thats why i reply to emails on the Blackberry and not the iPhone :)

I dont think touchscreen is going to work.

I have a touchscreen pm (a HP Touchsmart PC) and I never use the touchscreen, its just easier to do stuff using the mouse and keyboard.

Reaching up and across to touch the screen just in not natural. I thought I would love the touchscreen but I actually never use it.

Touchscreens are more for environments where you ordinarily don't have a mouse or keyboard. Walk up to say a status board in a command and control center and need to move some assets around or make changes to the current data screens that are open on it. Or, an active table surface where you need to move images, plans, prints around in a specific order or shape. Sitting in front of one at your desk though like you said is just not the norm, for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)