18" dish vs. 20" dish

Cdninva

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Dec 15, 2004
Just wondering if it's worth my while to replace my 18" dish with a 20". My signal seems to be plenty strong but I thought it might help with rain fade.

I live in northern Virginia and subscribe to BE. I have an extra dish from the last receiver I bought (they never seem to have just the receiver in stock and I end up paying an extra $50 for the bundled dish). The 20" dish has a empty slot for a second LNB for the 82 sat but I don't have any plans to upgrade.

Is the extra two inches worth my while?

Other than HD is there any advantage to going with two LNB's?

KDH

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
There are some channels on the 82 slot..the "mostly Music" or I guess its called Variety 3 or something...It has MuchMoreRetro, MuchLoud, CoolTV, Euronews in it.

There really isnt much of a difference. Since the 20" would have the LNB offset, the 18" might be better :)

Cdninva

Dec 15, 2004
Iceberg said:
There really isnt much of a difference. Since the 20" would have the LNB offset, the 18" might be better :)

Could I possibly just swap the dish and leave the existing lnb which is not offset or does the LNB need to be further from the dish?

Cdninva

Dec 15, 2004
Iceberg said:
I dont think the holes on the pan match up

Actually they do, but since the the arm that the LNB attaches to is shorter, I'm not sure it would be positioned at the correct focal point for the new pan.

I think I'll leave well enough alone.

Thanks for the feedback.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts