18 month lease

mlcarson

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 5, 2006
I'm just coming off the 18 month lease on a VIP211. I'm not positive which day it ends but it has either already happened or is a day or two away. When I originally had the equipment installed -- I had a local install company do it and signed up through them. I'm not even sure who the company was now. If I cancel, do I send the equipment back to DISH or does it go to the original installer who would send it back to Dish? Also, am I going month to month (no lease) after the 18 mo's as long as I don't upgrade anything or do I get trapped into another 18 mo's if I take no action?

I'm not sure if I'll resubscribe or not but if I did, it would be with an HD DVR like the VIP722. It looks like I could "dish it up" for $49 and get that. Not sure what other promotions might be available -- probably none since I'm not a new subscriber. Kind of makes it tempting to go with DirecTV since their receiver prices are coming down today so that a HR20/21 would be $99 after rebate plus the $10/off programming per month for 1 year. They also have more HD content at the moment.

I'm just coming off the 18 month lease on a VIP211. I'm not positive which day it ends but it has either already happened or is a day or two away. When I originally had the equipment installed -- I had a local install company do it and signed up through them. I'm not even sure who the company was now. If I cancel, do I send the equipment back to DISH or does it go to the original installer who would send it back to Dish? Also, am I going month to month (no lease) after the 18 mo's as long as I don't upgrade anything or do I get trapped into another 18 mo's if I take no action?

I'm not sure if I'll resubscribe or not but if I did, it would be with an HD DVR like the VIP722. It looks like I could "dish it up" for $49 and get that. Not sure what other promotions might be available -- probably none since I'm not a new subscriber. Kind of makes it tempting to go with DirecTV since their receiver prices are coming down today so that a HR20/21 would be $99 after rebate plus the $10/off programming per month for 1 year. They also have more HD content at the moment.

Once your contract is up, you go to a month to month basis (meaning there is no penalty if you all of a sudden say "Hey, I don't want this anymore. I am going to cancel." (Prior to the 18 month contract ending you would have had to pay a cancellation fee.)

As for "resubscribing," if you do nothing, you will change nothing. You don't need to change anything and your service will continue as it has for the past 18 months. If you chose to do the Dishin' it Up promotion, you will be able to get a 622 for the $49 (the 722 was $99 after rebate). That was what was in effect when we upgraded in October. I am not certain that it hasn't changed, but we did have (and others have complained of it here as well) that the web page does NOT list the price for each individual receiver leading the viewer to believe that the price is the same, but the CSR's will argue with you about it (and they are pretty persistent about it-I was on the phone for over an Hour arguing this point with them).

I don't know anything about the programming promotions, so I will leave that to others to answer.

Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts