18" round & 3 lnb question....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gino

Original poster
Apr 12, 2005
I’m a newbie so please be gentle with me on my first post.

I am attempting to replace an 18” round dish with an Oval 3 lnb.
If I recall correctly, the 18” dish does not have a “tilt” adjustment.
If that is correct, should not I be able to set the 3 lnb dish to zero tilt, classify the 3 lnb as an 18” round on the receiver’s setup menu and pickup the 101 satellite? The 101 satellite is all I want or need. Obviously, I am having difficulty getting the 3 lnb to function. No doubt, I have omitted some necessary info required to get an answer and can only issue the following…….

Disclaimer: No one has ever accused me of being smart.
I don’t know cr*p and I can prove it.

If you only want 101 then why would you replace the 18in dish?

Do you need to hook up more than 2 receivers?

No there is no tilt on the 18in dish !

Also if you are set on using the PhaseIII Dish ,Why not simply set All 3 angles and put it up the way it is designed to work??????????????? It really is not that difficult !

Voomer,

Thanks for your reply.
The 18" dish got "trashed" by a falling ladder. The guy who owned the ladder went right out and purchased the 3 lnb for a replacement. Poor guy felt terrible about the whole thing.
When he got back today, he asked how the new dish was working. When I told him it wasn't and told him what I had been going through, he asked me to give him an hour or so. Within about 45 minutes, he came over with a friend of his that is a Directv pro. It didn't take him even 10 minutes to lock that puppy in on all 3 satellites even though I only needed 1. It's refreshing to be able to know and associate with folks that have a sense of responsibility not to mention very good contacts.

Thanks again............

Gino said:
Voomer,

Thanks for your reply.
The 18" dish got "trashed" by a falling ladder. The guy who owned the ladder went right out and purchased the 3 lnb for a replacement. Poor guy felt terrible about the whole thing.
When he got back today, he asked how the new dish was working. When I told him it wasn't and told him what I had been going through, he asked me to give him an hour or so. Within about 45 minutes, he came over with a friend of his that is a Directv pro. It didn't take him even 10 minutes to lock that puppy in on all 3 satellites even though I only needed 1. It's refreshing to be able to know and associate with folks that have a sense of responsibility not to mention very good contacts.

Thanks again............

Wish all people accepted responsibility when needed and especially follow thru on making things right. If he is a local handyman or businessman i would surely use his business when the need came up.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts