$189.00 for a 811 on EBAY?

Petemc11

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
Just wondering why someone would pay $189.00 for a 811.Any ideas? It is a new one.

Ebay is full of uneducated consumers (at least uneducated about what they are buying) and sellers know it! I'm always amazed at the prices I see things going for.

Just wondering why someone would pay $189.00 for a 811.Any ideas? It is a new one.

I think that people may be using certain revisions for less than legal activities. I looked at selling my old 811, but apparently I don't have the revision that is highly desireable for the "hobbyists".

And to think I couldn't even get $100 for a new one I had still wrapped in factory plastic that I had in stock from the Dishstore.

The problem with ebay is that 20% are un-educated consumers, 30% actually know what they are buying and the other 50% are looking to buy equipment for hacking purposes.

If you got nouthing to do, search for 8psk on ebay, which was the old modual for the 6000 to get HD. I had over 300 of them I sold at what I thought was a hell of a profit at $79, and now we got people selling them for $250 each!

The thing about is that the same scammer who bought the 300 I had, tried to talk me down into giving him a better deal because he didn't want to pay $79 each. I was firm on my price and got what I deserved, but never would I have thought they would sell for $250 each!

The thing is,the ad on eBay doesn't state what revision it is.
Btw,I wouldn't take that much money for mine, even if offered.I just wouldn't feel right about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)