1am reboot? Any way to change the time?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My kids don't turn the Joeys off either.
And I've never had an interruption by a nightly,weekly,monthly or what ever it is now with the new UI.
My Hoppers are set to 4 hours and have been since day 1.
Using the "U"20* software.
Now if the Hopper 3 is needing the Joeys in standby, I'm fairly sure the H2s will just put them in standby when the updates are needed.

I've never seen a Joey stop an update unless the person at the Joey declined the request.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I am a dish and dtv tech for over 25 years. I talked to dish about this at a convention last year. 1st they acted like they did not know what I was talking about. when I talked to a senior engineer. he knew what I was talking about but said there was nothing they were going to do about it. the only thing we can do as consumers is cancel dish and tell them the reason is for the Joey 1am reboot.
Hey the only reason I am writing this right now is its 1:05 am and nothin else to do while I wait. Sucks!

I've found that leaving my 4K Joey tuned to one of the Dish-CD channels deactivates the inactivity timer of the Joey. Eventually, though the Hopper 3 will reboot when some amount of time has passed. Today, I was recording the British Grand Prix and when the recording was over, the Hopper restarted. Fortunately it was after the even was complete and not during.

But yeah, it needs all devices to be in Standby at least once every few days to make sure the 1am reboot doesn't kill a 1:00am recording.

I am a dish and dtv tech for over 25 years. I talked to dish about this at a convention last year. 1st they acted like they did not know what I was talking about. when I talked to a senior engineer. he knew what I was talking about but said there was nothing they were going to do about it. the only thing we can do as consumers is cancel dish and tell them the reason is for the Joey 1am reboot.
Hey the only reason I am writing this right now is its 1:05 am and nothin else to do while I wait. Sucks!
Been fighting this one for a couple of years now and I keep looking elsewhere but... it sucks cuz I like Dish otherwise... I am a nite owl and am in the dark for a good 10 minutes every third nite - from 1AM until 110A give-or-take (although there are many who would say I'm actually there 24/7) In the first few months that I had the "new" H3 (back in early 2016) it appeared that this behaviour was no longer true - - I wrote about it, singing it's praises for this "finally getting fixed" but alas....that was then, this is now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)