Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyhas1000legs

That's a lot of claws!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Western Slope, CO
One meter (40"x44") former Muzak dish, with NPRM, original feedhorn, and single-polarity LNB.

This thing traveled with me from CT to CO, where I finally had a south-facing balcony. However, there's just no room for it with the other dish, table, chairs, etc. Spring is pretty much here and as much as I like it, I also like being able to sit in the sun with a drink without having to maneuver around.

I started replacing some of the rusted hardware. The only issue is that the fine adjustment bolt was more rust than metal, and broke when I tried aiming the dish.

_2093114.jpg IMG_0756.JPG IMG_0757.JPG IMG_0758.JPG

Price depends on local pickup, or if you want to meet somewhere.

Local pickup in Grand Junction, CO is FREE. I paid nothing for the dish, so if a SatelliteGuy wants to come out to the Grand Valley to get it, it's theirs.

If you want to meet somewhere, price will depend on time/distance. I'd be willing to go as far as Rangely/Dinosaur/Meeker to the north, Moab/Woodside to the west, Ouray to the south, and Avon/Aspen to the east for $75 (four hour round trip plus more than half a tank of gas). Would be willing to trade for a smaller dish that fits on the mount that comes with the GeosatPro 90cm dish.

If my wife and I are hiking in Moab or Gypsum and the dish isn't a special trip, I'll drop the price.

Let's sweeten the deal a bit with another dish!

I was driving by a Dish retailer and saw them with a fiberglass dish on the ground. Turns out it was the one I'd noticed before aiming north. Along with the 1m dish, you can also have a Channel Master / Primestar with original lnb(f). The sun was going down, so I don't have exact measurements or good pics yet. It looks to be another 1 or 1.2 meter dish. The imprint on the back seems to say part no. 3040642-02.

Same price will net you BOTH dishes. I'll be testing this one out this weekend if I can get it mounted.

Attachments

• 1456969868403.jpg
    1456969868403.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 1456969881155.jpg
    1456969881155.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 112
Here are some pics for you. To go along with your PM.

Attachments

• 153.jpg
    153.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 154.jpg
    154.jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 103
The second dish is confirmed as a 1.0m. I slapped together the worst adapter possible to mount it and try aiming it. Receiver sees the LNB, but wasn't able to lock anything. I assume it's the bad hack job of adapting a mount for a 3" OD pole to a 1 5/8" pole that's not plumb...:rolleyes:

A little PB and the elevation fine adjustment works perfectly. The plastic covering the feedhorn opening was essentially gone, so I broke off one small piece that was covered in desert sand/dust. Also removed the beginnings of a bee's nest (of course).

cm1.jpg cm2.jpg cm3.jpg

So here's what you get:

Dish 1: 1m former Muzak dish, NPRM, original feedhorn, single-polarity LNB
Dish 2: 1m Channel Master / Primestar dish with original feedhorn, original LNB with H and V outputs, seems to fit 3" OD pole

As stated in the original post, price/barter varies depending on travel time. Meet me in Grand Junction/Fruita/Clifton/Palisade, CO and it's free. Heck, meet me in Palisade and we can stop at a winery or the distillery for some free samples. Palisade Brewing also has some good food and drink.

Here are some pics for you. To go along with your PM.

I like the idea, but my balcony is just too small and too awkwardly laid out. I don't have the tools, budget, or patience to try to squeeze a 1m dish on the balcony along with the 90cm and OTA antenna, AND keep my wife happy all at the same time.I tried the 90cm in the corner where the 1m is, and it would still let us sit at the table, so I could have 2 90cm dishes. The focal length (and positioning) of the 1m dishes just doesn't work. I could buy a different antenna to try to save space, but I have other things to spend money on right now.

Here's how crowded it is:
balcony.jpg balcony2.jpg (second photo shows the newer CM dish on... a mount of sorts...)
I can't rotate the NPRM for the 1m (green in photo 1) because the support bar hits the bottom of the dish. Elevate the dish, and the balcony above me blocks some of the signal. Put it higher right by the railing and I'll have neighbors (and wife) complaining.

It is Sun-outage period right now, so you can try to find place for the dish for clear LOS towards satellite/satellites.

Glad you found a new home for the dish. That is one solid-looking bracket. Have an old dish with bracket like that one, a pleasure when having to adjust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts