1st TV spot for Bluray DVD - Underworld Evolution

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
This is the first advertisement Ive seen on TV. "coming soon to Blu ray" Underworld Evolution. Just saw it at 9:51pm on NBC.

Last edited:
BlackHitachi said:
I watched Lost on my DVR and noticed the Blu- RAY spot. Cool how is the HD- DVD working Vurbano?

Id tell you if it ever arrives. Apparently its still on backorder at VE. Apparently what I saw wasnt the first one.

Last edited:
Isn't that the thing...

chrisw27 said:
and of course, 99% of the people watching would have no idea what the hell Blu-Ray is ;)

Isn't Blue ray the thing that comes out of Flash Gordon's Ray Gun??....waiting with baited breath for a dual format player and the upcoming war...should be a bloody one! Hell, we could watch that war on our HD BLUE HD-DVD...whatever!!

jeff

gizzer777 said:
Isn't Blue ray the thing that comes out of Flash Gordon's Ray Gun??....waiting with baited breath for a dual format player and the upcoming war...should be a bloody one! Hell, we could watch that war on our HD BLUE HD-DVD...whatever!!

jeff

IMO Blu ray will be the game format. Blu Ray will also be the format for computer storage and the format for those of us that want to write Mpeg2 HD recordings to a BD DVD without having stream them or go through a time consuming reencoding to WMVHD or some such bullsh$t inorder to get them on a DVD at 8.5GB . That takes hours or days depending on the machine to go through that re encoding process. IMO HD DVD is a great format for commercial movies etc. I sit here wondering when they are gonna release an computer HD DVD burner? Maybe they are terrified that ripping will occur and we will never see it? If HD DVD wants to win this thing they had better get their a$$es in gear and get that PC equipment out there to prove me wrong.

Last edited:
Hi Vurbano

vurbano said:
. I sit here wondering when they are gonna release an computer HD DVD burner? Maybe they are terrified that ripping will occur and we will never see it? If HD DVD wants to win this thing they had better get their a$$es in gear and get that PC equipment out there to prove me wrong.

Hi there...Somewhere I saw (I think Cnet) of someone taking a new Toshiba apart! From what he said (a reviewer) and what it appeared to be...IT WAS A PC STYLE HD PLAYER COMPLETE WITH IDE INTERFACE!

Now a recorder will surely follow, if not to just keep up with Blue Ray....Still remember when a single DVD recordable cost $12...and you about cried when you wound up with a coaster (scsi too...no buffer underun protection!):mad:

regards
jeff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)